Author Topic: Saitek X52 Pro Issues and Solutions  (Read 8026 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
Re: Saitek X52 Pro Issues and Solutions
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 03:32:12 AM »
Drivers are up to date, and I use the profile software on both computers. Again, one works perfectly, the other is more sensitive than a manic-depressive teenage girl on her period.

Try not using it on the computer that is sensitive, even if you have the same thing in both computers its the same as 2 Cars with the same name....there the same but that doesn't mean there going to drive the same.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
Try not using it on the computer that is sensitive, even if you have the same thing in both computers its the same as 2 Cars with the same name....there the same but that doesn't mean there going to drive the same.

The problem is, they're at two separate houses. I spend 10 days with the PMSing computer, 4 days with the decent one, and back to the PMSing computer again. And the PMSing computer just got more RAM, a new GFX card and a PSU, lol.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 11:27:27 PM »
Get rid of the profile stuff. Update the drivers only and use a powered hub. The profiles are good for simulators like microx or xplane. Not this game. I had the same problem.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline rip033

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »
yep, i hear just plug and play is alot better than downloading their software. My problem was that i `couldnt keep the dang thing calibrated. I done everything everyone said like powered hubs and soforth, ended up buying the complete CH setup and havent had a problem since.
JaCkRiPr

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 02:11:56 AM »
Get rid of the profile stuff. Update the drivers only and use a powered hub. The profiles are good for simulators like microx or xplane. Not this game. I had the same problem.

Awe man :( lol. I LOVE my profiles. I have one for every plane and it's like a godsend to me, lol. It's completely HOTAS with the profiles I set up.

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 10:27:10 PM »
What about an UBER sensitive stick? Have you ever had that?

(What I mean by that is, regardless of my deadband/damping settings, the slightest pull on the stick is amplified by at least 2 or 3. I have tried calibrating multiple times, I have tried cranking deadband and damping all the way up and the only thing that does is make me have to pull the stick a little farther before it rockets off at 3x the force I put into it...)

I may be experiencing a similar problem with my x52. Once or twice per gaming session the lights on my stick blink off and then back on again. When the stick comes back on it's ridiculously sensitive to pitch - as in the slightest movement (that should still be in my deadband) causes the nose of the plane to shoot upward violently as if I were hauling back on the stick.

The only solution is to shift+x somewhere near level and quickly unplug/replug the stick (the PS/2 style cable between the stick and the throttle) and then recalibrate. I died to a Mossy yesterday trying to do this. He probably thought I was just asleep at the stick since I didn't make any effort to evade because I was calibrating.

I have tried powering my x52 both on the USB host, and a powered external Belkin hub with the same results.

I'll guess I'll have to try removing the profiling software and see if that helps.

Tim

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:59 AM »

I have tried powering my x52 both on the USB host, and a powered external Belkin hub with the same results.

I'll guess I'll have to try removing the profiling software and see if that helps.

Tim

I use a powered external hub, but I have the x-52, Ch pedd's and Track IR and haven't really had any issues since  getting rid  of the SST software.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 06:23:08 PM »
Additional info on my Saitek fixes.

Check to make sure in the game force feedback is disabled. That will make your nose impossible to control.  Place your TrackIR on its own USB port on your PC. It's a USB-1 device and will downgrade all USB-2 devices on your external powered HUB. I have a TrackIR3 Pro it is a USB-1 device...I don't know if the TrackIR4 is USB-1 or 2. You can download the freeware version of Bus Hound to check your USB device type.

http://www.perisoft.net/bushound/

Click on the devices button and find your device. The read out for my TrackIR3 Pro looks like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(24) USB Root HUB
Bus Type:        USB 1.0 mode
Bus Speed:       12 megabit
Power:           Self Powered
Endpoint 0:      Type=CTL  Class=09 SubClass=01 Protocol=00 MaxPacket=8
Endpoint 1 IN:   Type=INT  Class=09 SubClass=01 Protocol=00 MaxPacket=8
Hardware ID:     USB\ROOT_HUB&VID8086&PID3A37&REV0000

(32) NaturalPoint TrackIR3
Bus Type:        USB 1.0 mode
Bus Speed:       12 megabit
Power Drawn:     350 milliamps @ 5.0 volts
Hardware ID:     USB\Vid_131d&Pid_0155&Rev_0001
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a note I posted to Skuzzy that may have some impact on your USB bus resets. I found a post on the Saitek BBS talking about this, so I did the same with good results to my game play and posted to Skuzzy on our BBS.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,261120.0.html  <---here is the thread to check Skuzzy's answer.

Skuzzy,

When the game launches I'm assuming one of the house keeping chores it does is to tell the OS to suspend screen saver mode\power saving mode.

Is there any chance if the USB power management option:  "Let the computer turn off this device to save power."

is checked in the power management tab for USB Root HUBs in Device Manager that an occasional errant USB device reset is possible if the flight controler is not touched for the time out period set for the screen saver?

I have Saitek X52 Pro and Pro Peddals.

Thanks, Skuzzy....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »
I may be experiencing a similar problem with my x52. Once or twice per gaming session the lights on my stick blink off and then back on again. When the stick comes back on it's ridiculously sensitive to pitch - as in the slightest movement (that should still be in my deadband) causes the nose of the plane to shoot upward violently as if I were hauling back on the stick.

The only solution is to shift+x somewhere near level and quickly unplug/replug the stick (the PS/2 style cable between the stick and the throttle) and then recalibrate. I died to a Mossy yesterday trying to do this. He probably thought I was just asleep at the stick since I didn't make any effort to evade because I was calibrating.

Tim

I get the same issue with my X52, stick only flashes..then POOF there goes the calibration. The throttle doesn't seem to be affected. If I just unplug the PS2 cable and re-plug it back in, I cannot re-calibrate at all until I unplug the USB cable. A few times it has caused me to have to log off of AH and then re-log just to calibrate. Very frustrating. Bought the 2 year warranty through Best Buy, gonna take it back for an exchange. This appears to be an issue that I have read about numerous times. But the good points of the X52 FCS far out weigh the bad IMO.
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 12:35:33 PM »
Just a follow-up. I uninstalled the Saitek profiling software and updated the drivers - I haven't had any problems with my stick for days now. Thanks a million!

Tim

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 04:02:58 PM »
I do not have an external powered USB hub and I have a full saitek X52pro and rudder setup sitting on my USB bus.

Whilst I can see the argument for one, its clear one is not required in every instance.

Recently in a bid to optimise stuff I have switched all the lights on the X52 off. (One power drain less)

Further I now run without a profiler.

The profiler launches on start up but when I want to play I Launch the win control panel from the profile menu then exit the profiler taking it out of the icon tray totally.

With the Win control panel live on the desk top Aces High sees the Direct X functionality of every gismo on the stick. Including all the rotaries and buttons on the MFD ( 8 functions). This gives better breadth of control functionality than the profiler can without the profiler running in the back ground!

To give you an idea

7 is left blank cos I use it for ventrilo coms

27/28/29 are the X52 mode switch. hence if you have functions for all three then one is left permanently on. Hence 28 is left blank but using 27/29 for bomb sighting means I can calibrate bombs remotely for 15 secs and do other stuff in the mean time.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 06:57:59 PM »
I do not have an external powered USB hub and I have a full saitek X52pro and rudder setup sitting on my USB bus.

Whilst I can see the argument for one, its clear one is not required in every instance.

Recently in a bid to optimise stuff I have switched all the lights on the X52 off. (One power drain less)

Further I now run without a profiler.

The profiler launches on start up but when I want to play I Launch the win control panel from the profile menu then exit the profiler taking it out of the icon tray totally.

With the Win control panel live on the desk top Aces High sees the Direct X functionality of every gismo on the stick. Including all the rotaries and buttons on the MFD ( 8 functions). This gives better breadth of control functionality than the profiler can without the profiler running in the back ground!

To give you an idea

(Image removed from quote.)

7 is left blank cos I use it for ventrilo coms

27/28/29 are the X52 mode switch. hence if you have functions for all three then one is left permanently on. Hence 28 is left blank but using 27/29 for bomb sighting means I can calibrate bombs remotely for 15 secs and do other stuff in the mean time.

I use to be able to use all the buttons even the little mouse button and the little roller button on the throttle, a couple of days ago they wouldn't work anymore. Any idea why?? 

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 03:38:12 AM »

I use to be able to use all the buttons even the little mouse button and the little roller button on the throttle, a couple of days ago they wouldn't work anymore. Any idea why?? 

With an older version of the profiler I too was able to get my X42 to "band" the mouse "mini stick" but not now.

With the X52 I have never been able to set up clean and efficient banding on the Mouse "mini stick".

The mouse button (next to the mini stick) I used to configure in the profiler to a button command without any problem. Now (by leaving win game controller open) AH is able to see it as  button 15 directly.

The mouse wheel without the profiler was problematic as the out put seemed to be too fleeting to always register and AH seemed to miss some out puts. I used it as a flap control since being able to configure it better under the profiler. Now (by leaving win game controller open)AH is able to see the wheel as buttons 16 & 17 ( up & down) directly and the fleeting contact problem is gone. The  press function on the wheel  is now (by leaving win game controller open) seen by AH as button 18.

From the cut & pasted clip board view above you can see that AH knows the Mouse "mini stick" is there. However as I move the mini stick the value on the clip board read out never changes from the centre point (32768) despite the movement showing clearly on the windows control panel.

However with my rudder and toe brakes AH is actively interfacing with 10 analog/variable input sources. Maybe the 11th & 12th from the mini stick is 2 too many. I often wonder what I would use them for and can only come up with fine turret movement on a tank.

A note to any wishing to copy this method. The stability of the analog pots X & Y is not pin sharp when at rest in the centre position. Giving fluctuating output to AH about the centre position. The cure for this is to increase the centre dead band for these (and in my case also the Z twisty pot) in win game controler  panel. This works for me because I use them all for trimming.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 03:42:18 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere