Author Topic: Where's the fight?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Raygun

• Zinc Member
Re: Where's the fight?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 10:59:45 AM »
face it, the BBS group wanting fights is only 2% of the actual MA population. I was landing the other night after I got tired of 190's and 51's running and got vulched (wasn't surprised when i saw the name). We had at least 10 other AC in the air but that would have required some actual amount of skill a larger degree of difficulty. Some tools just want the easiest kill possible, live with it deal with it and just laugh.

This is one on the truest statements i've heard in a long, long time.

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Ingame name: Apollo

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02:41 AM »
I've had a hard time with it to, so me and 3 others went DA. 
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline spacer

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »
I was on two times Thursday/Friday 12/13 Feb.  Thurs, I got into Orange had plenty of places to fight.  In the NE and SW of Knight land.  I kept getting disco'd from Orange, on Thursday.  Tried Blue early Friday still had good fights going.  And I didn't get disco'd once.

Its all a matter of when you pop on!  How ever all three Countries do the High fast Runners, Cherry Pickin, etc.  I have also noticed that some people wont fly a plane to save their life.  All you see them in is a Tank.  First thing they ask when they come on is "Where are the Tank Fights!".  So don't feel bad "A", some days/weeks are like this.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:29 AM »
Its all a matter of when you pop on!  How ever all three Countries do the High fast Runners, Cherry Pickin, etc.

I would have been overjoyed to have people trying to cherry pick me last night.  That would mean I was fighting someone. ;)
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 11:09:36 AM »
I sympathize with your irritation.  Usually if I can not find a fight, I will try to pick one.  Bomb their field, roll some GV's into their base, circle their field making crude gestures, etc.  Sometimes it works sometimes it does not.  Just keep poking that wasp's nest, eventually they will come out angry!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 11:34:51 AM »
I'm also getting disgusted at the fact that no one wants to fight.  I spent about an hour online last night, got two kills, one assist, chased some runners and watched Nits circle field ack while they had Bish outnumbered at least 2:1.

I think I'm going to announce on 200 where I'm upping, where I'm going and ask people who are willing to fight to meet me and see if that works.

Says the guy who upps bomber 18 or 20 times a tour, and flys so high in toolshedLand he neither kills or gets killed.

Ive never once had a problm finding fights in this game. Maybe quality fights arent always there but I always found fights.

Its the entire score thing yaknow Eagl? To many fly around at 20,000' like they got a load in their pants and wont come down unless they are 100% assured they can escape and land their precious kills.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »
I always find a fight,  its mostly the other side hourding but hey its Target rich :aok

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »
            Says the guy who upps bomber 18 or 20 times a tour, and flys so high in toolshedLand he neither kills or gets killed.

Ive never once had a problm finding fights in this game. Maybe quality fights arent always there but I always found fights.

Its the entire score thing yaknow Eagl? To many fly around at 20,000' like they got a load in their pants and wont come down unless they are 100% assured they can escape and land their precious kills.

I rarely if ever back down from a fight in a fighter and I've never been one to fly around in attack mode "saving" my fighter score.  What does bombing have to do with any of that?  I fly bombers when I'm bored and 16K isn't exactly never never land.  It's not my fault most people can't catch an AR234 so shut it dweeboi until you know what your talking about.

Anax, I'm opposed to the line capture the way is was implemented.  Imagine a full arena with 400 people grouped with 133 each in 3 fights (66/side).  Even a good furball isn't that big.  Now add the fact that every GV, buff, fighter and attack plane is there trying to shut down one base while the rest of the map is empty except for the few milkers alone nowhere near where the fight is or where they are doing their country any service.  Add to this that, if you're not in one of those main fights, there is no one to fight, thereby limiting your ability to play many aspects of the game based on exactly where that fight is.  No thank you.  Maybe if it was more like what Saxman advocated, a continuous web beginning on the front lines and extending to all surrounding bases it wouldn't be as bad but that was never tried even though it was suggested at the time.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 01:36:36 PM »
maybe the AI one day will give us that "continuos web" of a fight, only that ever happens.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 01:52:34 PM »
The only fights I've found lately are diving into 4+vs1's or fighting the same 4 people/squadies over and over again in the DA. Even the 4vs1's aren't a sure thing. I have to basically lay myself out on the table with no advantages for someone to attack me. And then listen to them brag on 200 after they've "owned" me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:54:24 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 02:28:38 PM »
I never liked the line capture. I think it promoted the horde more than diffused it, it also took away any kind of tactical ingenuity. You always knew which base they were trying to take, and the only way to take it was to come in with a bigger organized force than what was defending it.

Last night I was on in BLUE from about 730 eastern to about 930. Knights had gotten a horde together to take back the bases on the south shore 55, 74, 76 and a couple others. For the most part it was a pick fest for the knights while their GV rolled the bases, number inbalance was crasy. I got accused of loosing my "nads" and running away too much. Every time I engaged one guy 3-4 others would try to pick..... ya you could say I was being a bit cautious.

Mean while in the north, the Rooks also have A1 and neither the bishops or the knights are interested in taking it back. The bish are busy how ever trying to take the last two bases in tank town so that they can own the whole thing  :rolleyes: One big CV battle did pop up near the port north of 199, but once the Bish CV was sunk, that 15-20 mile flight from 199 was just too long I guess and the fight disappeared.

Had the Knight horde split its forces and attacked A1 as well as the bases in the south, there would have been more fights on a couple fronts, but horde tactics are always better than skilled fighting.  :confused: Things won't really get better until the community starts turning things around, or someone comes in with a heavy handed brand new set of rules to manage game play.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 04:07:53 PM »
The only fights I've found lately are diving into 4+vs1's or fighting the same 4 people/squadies over and over again in the DA. Even the 4vs1's aren't a sure thing. I have to basically lay myself out on the table with no advantages for someone to attack me. And then listen to them brag on 200 after they've "owned" me.

My wingman and I had hours of great fights with you and your crew last night scotch.

Hlbly, Sads, grizz and yourself. <S>
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 04:22:04 PM »
Yeah, I was there for about 3 fights then switched to your side to try and balance numbers. But I wasn't flying with anyone.
 :salute

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 04:26:07 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 04:29:11 PM »
hmmmm...

People always spouting off about real-war tactics and flying like your life really depends on it...seems like many people in the arenas have decided to adopt that strategy.  :confused:

It's not unique to LW either...MW and EW seem to be quieter than normal too.   :furious
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline iTunes

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 05:07:37 PM »
I'm also getting disgusted at the fact that no one wants to fight.  I spent about an hour online last night, got two kills, one assist, chased some runners and watched Nits circle field ack while they had Bish outnumbered at least 2:1.

I think I'm going to announce on 200 where I'm upping, where I'm going and ask people who are willing to fight to meet me and see if that works.
I'll pm you if your on, See if you fancy a few fights somewhere, getting fed up with the runners and ack huggers to be honest. See if we can rustle up a few like minded souls and have some fun.
The Class Acts.
JG54 Grunherz
iTunes- UK's finest killer of ack huggers and runners, mixing business with girls and thrills.
JG54/ Manchester United- Nobody likes us-we don't care... Goes by the name of Wayne rooney http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-47c_8J4c