Author Topic: Fix the Wirble  (Read 5880 times)

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Re: Fix the Wirble
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2009, 09:22:34 PM »
2.5 seconds for a full clip, assume all 4 barrels are loaded when I climb into the gunners seat.

Most of my bursts are probably under half a second. Bombers low and slow I may run a bit longer, but not much.

So thats going to be 4 or 5 birds shot down before I need a 10-20 second pause to reload.
Cool, bring it ON!

I'd like to see ammo state for each barrel, so you can decide when to hold em and when to let em rip.
It would also be nice to have a choice. Separate fire keys for each pair,  or some other way of deciding when its time to leave a pair loaded in reserve. And a Reload all button, that would reload everything leaving you setup for the next wave.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2009, 09:26:04 PM »
2.5 seconds for a full clip, assume all 4 barrels are loaded when I climb into the gunners seat.

Most of my bursts are probably under half a second. Bombers low and slow I may run a bit longer, but not much.

So thats going to be 4 or 5 birds shot down before I need a 10-20 second pause to reload.
Cool, bring it ON!

I'd like to see ammo state for each barrel, so you can decide when to hold em and when to let em rip.
It would also be nice to have a choice. Separate fire keys for each pair,  or some other way of deciding when its time to leave a pair loaded in reserve. And a Reload all button, that would reload everything leaving you setup for the next wave.

Ghost I think you already can fire 2 or 4. Primary,  secondary , or fire all.
See Rule #4

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2009, 09:39:26 PM »
NOT a perk thread, please leave perking it, out of here.

-Lower ENY
-Lower turret traverse speed
-Disallow continuous fire of all 4 guns
-incorporate 20 round clips

Any one of these please?

:aok

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »
Well I just spent another night getting shot to pieces by these things. Your right, they are to uber as they are now. I'm done defending them.

It wasnt "them" I was defending as much as it was the right of defenders to have capable flak to prevent vulching. As it is however, and as long as they have some supplies, these things are non-stop shooters. It is somewhat skewed in their favor.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:38:47 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »
Well I just spent another night getting shot to pieces by these things. Your right, they are to uber as they are now. I'm done defending them.

Part of me sees sarcasm in this post, am I wrong?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2009, 11:44:24 PM »
Well now, that's interesting... How can you reload a nose mounted cannon in an aircraft?  :confused:

Krusty already mentioned it: the MG/FF where located such that the radio operator was able to change the drums through an opening on the cockpit floor. 180 RPG in AH means the 110C is using three standard 60 round drums.

As far as I know the MG/FF never utilized any belts, only drums (45, 60 or 100 rounds) and box magazines (15 rounds)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:17:45 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2009, 11:48:26 PM »
Part of me sees sarcasm in this post, am I wrong?

Nope. I have an open mind. Comments by some well respected players made me rethink the entire thing. Changing the load sequence is not an unreasonable request. Nor is lowering the eny. It wont affect me cause I short burst when in them anyways and never shoot until 1,000 or closer. I'm not sure how much affect it will have in the game.

Lowering the eny will make tank drivers target them faster. As it is the WW cant hurt them, while enemy tanks can, and they make more perkies killing low eny tanks. I dont blame the tank gunners but to many WWs run around with no friendly armor touching them.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2009, 11:54:56 PM »
so lots of things in AH don't work the way there supposed to , still most have fun with the game,
 why upset the apple cart over a few dropped oranges, adapt , overcome, deal with it,   most of the rest of us do!!! :noid
 Jesus, you would think that the players get to decide how the game should work,
none of us that play today were ever in WW2 so we have no frame of reference!!!
 i bet the HTC group work long hours to try to make things as close to fair as they can, still i see very little appreciation for what they do on your 15 dollars a month, i guess you just can't please everyone so you might as well please yourself :noid :noid :noid
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2009, 12:12:42 AM »
It's always good to see someone open to changing their mind based on new experiences. :salute
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2009, 03:04:21 AM »
I prefer the Ostwind anyway.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2009, 03:11:55 AM »
I prefer the Ostwind anyway. (Image removed from quote.)

The Ostwind's turret is also rotating too fast, same issue as with the WW. If the Wirbelwinds traverse rate would be  corrected, the Ostwind should get it adjusted too. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2009, 05:25:23 AM »
so lots of things in AH don't work the way there supposed to , still most have fun with the game,
 why upset the apple cart over a few dropped oranges, adapt , overcome, deal with it,   most of the rest of us do!!! :noid
 Jesus, you would think that the players get to decide how the game should work,
none of us that play today were ever in WW2 so we have no frame of reference!!!
 i bet the HTC group work long hours to try to make things as close to fair as they can, still i see very little appreciation for what they do on your 15 dollars a month, i guess you just can't please everyone so you might as well please yourself :noid :noid :noid

The game works fine. A piece of it is mis-modeled. We do not need to have been in ww2 to point out a flaw in equipment that has documentation. We just need the ability to read, ty lusche. I'm sure the traverse speed is simple to adjust... substitute one number for another.
Question how would you feel if the B-25 was mis-modeled and fired AP instead of HE and had 1 second reload time?  Think about being one-shoted 2k  out in a tiger. Instead of the crazy close dive you have to do now.
See Rule #4

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2009, 07:46:45 AM »
Question how would you feel if the B-25 was mis-modeled and fired AP instead of HE and had 1 second reload time?  Think about being one-shoted 2k  out in a tiger. Instead of the crazy close dive you have to do now.

FYI: B-25Hs DID receive AP rounds. Typically a load of 5 rounds AP + 16 HE.

Someone posted the docs on it on a thread in one of the other boards.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline RipChord929

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »
Was on last night, huntin gvs as usual..
But because of this thread, was lookin for
2fers.. Or the hattrick...
You know, killin 2 or 3 in one divebomb pass..
Got a few 2fers, missed a hattrick tho...
Osti got me... bummer man!!!

Was listening to AC/DC while playin the game..
Singin along, but corrupting the lyrics...
Kinda like this...

I'm goin IN,   to wirb city...
Im gonna WIN,   in wirb citay...
Where the hangars burn bright...
Tower your wirbAZZ tonight...
I'm goin in,   to wirb citayayay..

So I'll   spin my wheel...
Dodge that flak
And roll my 500lb dice...
Deny all your perkies girls..
And put your wirbies on ICE!!!

I'm goin in, to wirb CITAY
Let me burn your baby down...

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Life is gonna get ALOT tougher for GVs...

But it OK with me!!!
Bomb ya later guys
 :salute RC
"Well Cmdr Eddington, looks like we have ourselves a war..."
"Yeah, a gut bustin, mother lovin, NAVY war!!!"

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »
The game works fine. A piece of it is mis-modeled. We do not need to have been in WW2 to point out a flaw in equipment that has documentation. We just need the ability to read, ty lusche. I'm sure the traverse speed is simple to adjust... substitute one number for another.

i get ticked off all the time when the IL 2 's show up!!! the b-25's not so much,
 but i have learned to keep them from behind me, i have learned how to overcome there blatant over powering ability to kill my tigers,   and i didn't have to come here and ask someone to fix it for me, i just figured it out, sounds to me like you got all excited after 13 kills and lost your S.A.   HTC cannot help you with that!!!
Flying since tour 71.