Author Topic: P38  (Read 1365 times)

Offline dolomite

• Zinc Member
P38
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2000, 10:55:00 AM »
I really should type faster; Minotaur expressed the same thought much faster!  

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
P38
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2000, 11:04:00 AM »
dolomite;

I really should type faster; Minotaur expressed the same thought much faster!

Nah, but I wished my flying was as good as this Internet Connection, <gulp> at work.

Mino

The Flying Penguin

P38
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2000, 03:52:00 PM »
Look, we all have our qualms with various aircraft.

My problem is with the 17, but thats for another post. I do agree, the 190 climb rate could be better, and the spit is rather porked at the moment (I dont know much about the 109, i never fly it, so I wont comment... )
but back to subject, I think a p38 would be a beneficial aircraft. Maybe put in a bf110 or ta-152 and a p38 in at the same time, that way we can keep everyone happy.

38 is a good alternative to the runstangs, plus I find it useful when training newbie-friends, because it doesn’t have as much as torque as the single engined planes, yet its not a rock like a 17 or dc-3 (c47).

Personally, i'd like to see some never-before-made aircraft: ie. wellington, kondor, lancaster, or b17-c. Also some prewar\early war fighters would be nice, f3f, f2a, gladiator, and what ever the axis equiv's are (109-E?, ect)

=D

--Drako
"Preciousssss....we want's it, we want's it!!"

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
P38
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »

at least Spit XIV doesn't turn like zeke

Neither does the AH spit 9, it is all relative of course as it is the best turner in the game it might as well be.

I did remember seeing a mention of a report which suggests the spit 14 should turn with the spit 9. Is this incorrect?(my initial reaction was that it was due to the extra weight but i am not sure how much the extra HP would help)

P.S.
The planes will never be perfect as there is no perfect as no 2 109's would have performed the same, I'm afraid the best we can hope for is near as to give a plane it's historical advantages/disadvantages. We haven't got that at the moment as models are incomplete so the only relavent arguement is what numbers should the planes try and conform to.