Author Topic: only good country song ive ever heard  (Read 554 times)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
Re: only good country song ive ever heard
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »
LOL cant stand any kind of country stuff, dont care who the lovely lady is, she still speaketh with a twang and a nasal voice.  In fact, if we go somewhere and there is country in the background, all in the family start looking at me cuz they know I'm gonna start grumbling.  They get a little aggrevated when I say I'm leaving a restaurant or business, because that twang crap is above a soft background level, but they have learned if they want me along, we go to places that dont play that crap.

Elevator, opera, blues, etc are preferred to country.  Yeah, I like classic rock and new age stuff the best, and throw some ozzie type stuff and metallica type stuff and we are happy happy.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »
Redneck rock. :rofl

Perfect description.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2009, 12:41:05 PM »
LOL cant stand any kind of country stuff, dont care who the lovely lady is, she still speaketh with a twang and a nasal voice.  In fact, if we go somewhere and there is country in the background, all in the family start looking at me cuz they know I'm gonna start grumbling.  They get a little aggrevated when I say I'm leaving a restaurant or business, because that twang crap is above a soft background level, but they have learned if they want me along, we go to places that dont play that crap.

Elevator, opera, blues, etc are preferred to country.  Yeah, I like classic rock and new age stuff the best, and throw some ozzie type stuff and metallica type stuff and we are happy happy.

Maybe your family all start looking at you because they realize you're going to grumble and have a completely over the top reaction to something that really is very miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

FWIW, Toby Keith sounds like a bleating sheep to me with his vibrato.  

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »
I like Country/Western a lot. To me its a great music to go see live.

Theres a lot about "country" I like. Beer, barbecues, music, car racing, hunting, guns, fishing...ect. I'm a bigger redneck then a lot of rednecks I know.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2009, 01:36:09 PM »
ALL MY EX's LIVE IN TEXAS!   :D     Heard this again the other day, and now it won't leave my brain!   :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mRs9agHTs

Von Messa -  Patsy Cline  :aok

Frodo
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:50:51 PM by Frodo »

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »
Bluegrass music is the only country left. The country music now reminds me of 1970's country rock.
<S> Swoose

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2009, 02:09:19 PM »
Great song. I've always liked this one and I'm not a big country music fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O3Plt8DyMk&feature=PlayList&p=FF35EEB19192F449&playnext=1&index=4

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »
I've always been metal rock and in later years texas style blues (stevie ray vaughn etc.) but some country songs really get me. The wrights do you love me, red neck woman, I've got a real woody for that chick, so we can't catogorise our selfs musically or we just end up stepping out of our mold.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2009, 12:35:56 AM »
If you want to hear a band that really straddled the line.  Take a look at Uncle Tupelo,  I don't think there's much available online, most the youtube vids are pretty poor quality.  But they were a pretty good idea of what happens when you take a couple punk rock kids who grew up listening to their parents country and folk albums.  After they broke up two of the founders went on to form Wilco and Sun Volt. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm1t0mwwrbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ill_yYAFuWE&feature=PlayList&p=2475CD4EC69644B7&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch2FMc-9gmg&feature=PlayList&p=2475CD4EC69644B7&playnext=1&index=2
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 07:48:25 AM »
There's just something about a good country love song.

http://www.heartsfield.com/mp3s/The%20Only%20Time%20I%20Am%20Sober.mp3

Sorry, it's the only clip I know of for this tune.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 07:56:31 AM »
lol. good country love song. =) Good one
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 08:34:55 AM »

one problem...don't think he's old enough to drink yet.

Banshee7 for CD changer/remote '09
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.