Author Topic: I need some more practice flying the F4U  (Read 428 times)

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
I need some more practice flying the F4U
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:23:51 AM »
I've been flying the Spit Mk VIII, superb plane, very sexy. But I'm in a F4U fighter pilot squadron; i want to learn some maneuvers from someone outside the squad or someone whom is willing to help me in the squad. Don't worry, i know SOME maneuvers.

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: I need some more practice flying the F4U
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 02:07:33 PM »
The trick to learning any plane is to get in there, fight, and take your lumps.  It's very much a case of the good players of tomorrow playing with the bigger kids today.  Even so, you need to have a foundation first.

If you're a relatively new player (or an aged vet, for that matter), you'd be helping yourself a good deal by contacting the Aces High Training Corps.  They use proven, practiced teaching manners that will give you a solid foundation.  Once you're comfortable and have a working knowledge of all the different basic manuevers, they can help you learn to string them together in your fights.  There really is no substitute for professional assistance, and that is what the Training Corps offers in a nutshell.

If you can't meet up with a trainer for whatever reason, there are a number of helpful individuals in this community, many of whom are practiced in the Corsair.  Each individual's merits, abilities, and methods vary greatly, however, so buyer: beware :)

If you're just looking for 1v1 stick time against a decent player without worrying about cherry picks and the like, I'd be willing to spend some time with you in the TA or DA.  Just contact me in the arenas, or leave me your full online name (is it just FYB?) so I can contact you.  Early evenings, EST are when I'll be on.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group