Author Topic: DVD burning software?  (Read 404 times)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
DVD burning software?
« on: March 16, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »
I've got a couple flavors of roxio etc I've accumulated, not bad but sometimes its a pain once its on a system IMO. Anyone have any recommendations or favorites. Share/free ware always good but no problems paying for the right program.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: DVD burning software?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 01:05:59 PM »
I use DVD Cloner V. Price tag isn't bad easy to use interface. Never had any trouble backing up any disks. For those disks with a lot of computer enhancements it does disk spanning as well if you don't have the real big disks.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 02:44:46 PM »
Free?  ImgBurn.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Also, Roxio and Nero have become the devil(s).
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »
Absoutely.  Imgburn is one of the best burner utilites there is.  Many pros use it in lieu of any other commercially available burner package.  I contribute to the author.  Yes, it is that good.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:01:08 PM »
Thanks, I think I actually have this on my old box but never loaded it on the new one :aok :salute

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline TilDeath

• Silver Member
      • TD Computer Systems
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:12:11 AM »
I like DVDFab... nice lil program for copying and getting rid of some pesky warnings too...

Offline wabbit

• Copper Member
      • Wabbit's War Room
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 11:48:05 AM »
For ripping movies, DVDFab is the best.

If yer just look'n for a good CD/DVD burning program, then try CDburnerXP. It's free and works a lot like nero, but without the bloatware.

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Wabb
Wabbit:
             The Official Rolling Thunder Target Drone...

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »
Yeah, +1 to DVDFab.  Nice app for ripping/copy.  I also use Handbrake (free) for ripping and shrinking movie files.  I also use DVD Flick (free) to create very basic DVD menus/encoding video files for DVDs usage.  DVD Flick isn't the greatest, but its free and get you a rough DVD menu from a video file.  If I wanted something nice, I'd build something in Sony DVD architect. 
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either