Author Topic: Public Apology  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Re: Public Apology
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 12:36:01 PM »
     I would like to apologize to everyone who was on early Saturday night.  As you may know (if you were tuned 200) I totally just blew up.  I don't think ever in my life I've had as bad of a day as today.  My behavior was totally unacceptable and I apologize to those that I may have offended.

A little while after my 200 incident, a fellow countryman that I usually always kid around with, or get him worked up, had a few words, and I did something I will always regret.  Bare with me that this kid was like the kid that cried wolf.  He had told me one too many lies in the past (really only takes one for me not to believe you).  Anyway, I made a comment about his mother only to find out later that his mother had actually died last month. 

The rest of the night only got worse for me.  It was like I was being punished.  Every sortie ended with little to no kills and a death for me. 

Yes, I know this is a game.  Like many, I get carried away sometimes, and I work on a short fuse anyway  :lol.  But as a result of tonight, I detuned 200 and even questioned my staying in the AH world.  As of now I'm still here, and that's the way I would like it to be.  But after tonight, I felt really stupid.

So, to all that was online at the time, I do apologize for my rude behavior.  That is all.

#S#  :salute

Banshee7

Wasnt there, but it happens to everyone at some point.  <S>

Golf is just a game too... and a golf blow up makes an AH blow up look like a serene vacation destination.  ;)

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2009, 12:44:48 PM »

Loosing your temper or handling a situation rationally are two different things. You kick my dog I'll ask you not to do it again, you do it again I have now rationalized that your an idiot and I have to explain it a bit better by kicking you in the nuts. Did I loose my temper, nope just had to approach the problem from a different angle  :t

Excellent "problem solving" .  :aok

----snip

"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2009, 12:55:44 PM »
Bah, I see people preaching from the pulpit as if they never make mistakes.  All your glass houses have shattered panes, hypocrites.
I hope that the next time each of you errs, should you have the stones to admit it, your noses are dragged through  the mud.

Obviously you've not learned to control your temper.  :P
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2009, 01:01:47 PM »

Golf is just a game too... and a golf blow up makes an AH blow up look like a serene vacation destination.  ;)

Different game, same rule apply s, learn to control your temper...certainly gives you an advantage over your opponent . :cool:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2009, 01:12:49 PM »
Hardest thing I've learned in these 48 years is that I'm responsible for everything I do.  No one can make me do or say anything if I don't choose to.

It sucks, because I can't blame anyone or anything for how I react.  It's so much easier when you think you can blame someone else.

I can choose to be angry, choose to say things that are hurtful etc, but it is a choice, even more so when it comes to taking the time to type it on 200 or any channel.

And frankly there is nothing in any game worth getting worked up about as it isn't life and death.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »
     I would like to apologize to everyone who was on early Saturday night.  As you may know (if you were tuned 200) I totally just blew up.  I don't think ever in my life I've had as bad of a day as today.  My behavior was totally unacceptable and I apologize to those that I may have offended.

A little while after my 200 incident, a fellow countryman that I usually always kid around with, or get him worked up, had a few words, and I did something I will always regret.  Bare with me that this kid was like the kid that cried wolf.  He had told me one too many lies in the past (really only takes one for me not to believe you).  Anyway, I made a comment about his mother only to find out later that his mother had actually died last month. 

The rest of the night only got worse for me.  It was like I was being punished.  Every sortie ended with little to no kills and a death for me. 

Yes, I know this is a game.  Like many, I get carried away sometimes, and I work on a short fuse anyway  :lol.  But as a result of tonight, I detuned 200 and even questioned my staying in the AH world.  As of now I'm still here, and that's the way I would like it to be.  But after tonight, I felt really stupid.

So, to all that was online at the time, I do apologize for my rude behavior.  That is all.

#S#  :salute

Banshee7

When I first met ya banshee you wouldn't have given this a second thought, yea we have ALL at one time or another gotten angry, but no we haven't all flipped out about it. But you my friend have grown leeps and bounds since I have known you. Tho I'm disappointed that you needed to appoligize,  I'm proud of you that you have.

Next time it happens that you get mad, and it will, remember this event and let it slide without comment.

Your a good man mr Banshee, your just not always a wise man. But you will be.  :salute

Don 
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »
 :cool:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:35:02 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
Well it's good to know that all we have to do is say I'm sorry when 30 minutes of vulgar, sexually explicit, racially charged name calling is allowed on 200. AND where is a moderator when all this was going down? But at least you see the error of those ways and at least offered an appology. My dog on 13 year old son happened to be online and observed it all. I had to answer a few questions from him and quickly detuned that filthy channel. 200 should be eliminated until people can control themselves.

You must be talking about someone else*.  Nothing that I said or the other guy said was vulgar, sexually explicit, or racial.  I just simply told to guy to go crawl up in a hole.

The real reason I'm apologizing is what happened shortly after in the other arena on country channel.  I offended someone by talking about their mother, whom died last month.  I didn't know this at the time.

*The guy you're talking about is probably Harold3, who is doing the same thing now on country.  the guys Im flying with are talking about him doing it o 200 too
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 04:28:53 PM by Banshee7 »
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2009, 04:19:57 PM »

how'd you know I played golf too?
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
Just do yourself a favor, just dont tune 200. I stopped because, I got tired of all the 14 yr old keyboard killers chest thumping. None of which have ever wore a uniform, or still live in there moms basement

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »
Banshee7 knows i like him...he and his squad will fly on our ch when they feel like it and they are ALL nice guys...on our ch Banshee7 has never been disruptive or rude....

That being said....you (banshee7) have a tendency to overuse ch 200 IMHO...last night I watched you basically self-distruct several times and one time when i tried to joke back at you to lighten you up we almost ended up at odds...listen to what Fugitive and Dentin are saying...they are on the money....if you are not feeling the love that night just log...

Many times a night I am tempted to type something...luckily i rarely do...especially in the heat of the moment...a few flights later I'm all better and can't remember a thing....

I dislike ch 200 being used as a troll channel...even with good intent...IMHO it should be used mainly to <S> a good fight or have a few good laughs....talking about 80's music is always a good start in this crowd....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2009, 04:56:57 PM »
I dont tune 200 half the time because so called "Men" yip yap on it more then 13 year old girls.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2009, 06:00:58 PM »
We all mess up.  I find it good to type something out that you wold like to say....then erase it.  I have so many times typed something out to read it and think if you hit enter your a putz whiner cry baby.  So I delete that and type nothing.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »

Golf is just a game too....but a Mazz AH blow up makes a golf blow up look like a serene vacation destination.  ;)

Fixed.  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:08:07 PM by grizz441 »

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2009, 07:06:13 PM »
What is this channel 200 you speak of?
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer