Author Topic: P-47 Paint Scheme Idea  (Read 3796 times)

funked

P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2000, 11:17:00 AM »

sydy

P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2000, 01:14:00 PM »
Hi guys,

I knew pyro would play a smart game!! the brazilian market is huge and since 1996 I do a propaganda job for wb. Now I will do it for the Aces High for sure if they put that Jug in brazilian Colors.

I just reactivated my account in AH and I'll subscribe it for sure. Pyro may remember what happened with wb after the Jambock got in real hard (dec 1996). We had a great brazilian crowd getting in there. I hope I can do the same for Aces High.

SALUTE!

-sydy-
Sydney Rodrigues
Jambock!

[This message has been edited by sydy (edited 06-03-2000).]

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2000, 01:26:00 PM »
Crapgame, there are so many variants to do of the jug that we can afford to have a diversity of markings.  56th FG won't be passed over.  But the Brazilian P-47s were pretty sharp looking planes too.

Heya Sydy, spread the word down there to get us a good Brazilian player base and we'll put in a P-47D-25 in FAB markings for sure.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2000, 02:03:00 PM »
 These guys flew alongside the USAAF 350th FG in Italy!!!  Last year at the AW Con the guest speaker was Jack Ogilvie who was a Jug pilot in the "DevilHawks" squadron. He flew with Earl 'Dutch' Miller, who is a legend in that community. These two are a couple of real heroes of mine. They've mentioned many times of flying with the Brazilian pilots and always had good things to say about them.
Let me see if I can help this along!!    

P-47D-30 '1', piloted by Ten.-Cel.-Av. Nero Moura, Commanding Officer 1º GAVCA.

There' alot more at the website Funked listed.

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 06-03-2000).]

Offline Rover

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.najack.com.br/1BFS
P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2000, 06:48:00 PM »
Hi Pyro,

I know a lot of Brazilians who are tracking AH since the begin and, for sure, a P-47D-25 with the Brazilian scheme will play a big role in attracting them to the game.

Here another choice (and a beautiful one)

Personally I keep a close eye at the news, have a subscription and keep always the later version of AH, but me and my squadmates from the 1st Brazilian Fighter Squadron - 350th FG are still waiting for dedicated historical arenas and more frequent special events to start flying. From the latest news I have read I can figure it won't take a long time to us to make our debut here  

Salute

Rover
1st BSF - 350th FG

sydy

P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2000, 02:52:00 PM »
Pyro,

I'm leaving home for a week otw Vancouver. When I come back I'll start to make some contacts.

Btw, did you guys know that the Brazilian Squadron was one of the two that got the Presidential Unit Citation by the President of the United States? The other one is a RAF squadron.

I'll travel now but some other brazilian can post here the statistics about the brazilian performance in the Po Valley, North of Italy. We were 5% of the total fighter bomb strengh in there and we got 85% of targets... Pls someone after me put the numbers in here so I won't lie too much!  

sydy
Sydney Rodrigues
JAMBOCK!

Zeve

P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2000, 10:51:00 PM »
Well, here go the stats...
The 1ºGAVCA flew a total of 445 missions, 2,550 individual sorties and 5,465 combat flight hours, from 11 November 1944 to 4 May 1945.
The XXII Tactical Air Command acknowledged the efficiency of the Group by noting that, between 6 to 29 April 1945, it flew only 5% of the total of missions carried out by all squadrons under its control, but destroyed:
85% of the ammunition depots,
36% of the fuel depots,
28% of the bridges (19% damaged),
15% of motor vehicles (13% damaged) and
10% of horse-drawn vehicles (10% damaged).
The 1oGavCa was awarded with the USA President Unit Citation (Air Force). Apart USAF Squadrons, only two RAAF Squadrons received the citation.

Antonio Marcos Pantoja de Azevedo- ICQ1258450
Zeve - Jambock D1 - Green Flight Leader
Jambock - first brazilian Squadron in Warbirds
Senta a Pua!

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2000, 11:04:00 PM »
I'm a p47 lover. I guess we all have our 'fetish' aircraft. I just like the huge radial with the big prop and the full view canopy. Anyway, as far as the camo is concerned, I'm crazy about Gabreski, Francis "Gabby" camo. it's not very representative of 'usual P47-D camos' but it looks great. I know it was posted already but here is an another painting show it just before Gabby prop-striked on his last mission.

Talking about camo I also like Andersen's "Old Crow" the P51-B.

And finaly Kobayashi's Tony, not that I like the plane but the camo is nice to me    

Sorry to bother you with this, just wanted to give my oppinion.

Cheers to all P47-D lovers, salute to the others.

[This message has been edited by SFRT - Frenchy (edited 06-04-2000).]
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

funked

P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2000, 11:08:00 PM »
No I don't want Frenchy to have 8 guns, he is deadly enough with 4.  

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
P-47 Paint Scheme Idea
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2000, 11:31:00 PM »
Funked, that was the nicest thing someone ever said about me, thank you, appreciated.
Hummm, what are you doing for the next 20 years? May I marry you? ... D'OH!

Don't worry for the P47, I hate pure B&Z, it's borring, so i will try to turn it sooner or later and you will blow me up out of the sky, me and my huge radial.

Salute to my Friend and a great pilot!
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------