Author Topic: 109 - Lack Of Dihedral?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Bradburger

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.internet-today.co.uk/myweb/bradburger/Ahsounds.htm
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« on: January 12, 2000, 06:32:00 PM »
Was gonna ask this question a while back but didn't because I thought it might have been fixed as the beta progressed.

I was just wondering if the 109 will get a dihedral at some point? At the moment it has none at all and looks rather strange without it.

Cheers

Bradburger

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2000, 07:08:00 PM »
Wow! I never noticed that before, but now that you mention it...

Unfortunately the Bf109's 3d model isn't the best, but all the others seem quite good.

Here's one for gatt  

Sorrow[S=A]

109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2000, 08:21:00 PM »
Sweet! speaking of which, wouldn't having more contoured terrain be a blast? Every time I hit the weeds I find myself praying to god there was gullies or hills I could try and force my chaser to fly along.

------------------
If your in range, so is the enemy.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2000, 12:32:00 AM »
I found this old photo of a "Star Wars Pod Racer" that I had laying around.  

Is this "Dihedral" enough?

I have a feeling this is what you are looking for.  

Mino

[This message has been edited by Minotaur (edited 01-13-2000).]

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2000, 07:40:00 AM »
You silly bovine, that Tigercat doesn't have the "+7 blue paintjob of uberness" - it's useless, useless without it!

As for that "thing" at the bottom, that is NOT a Me109, it's some sort of mutant cousin the Spanish cooked up after the war. "Eek! It's hideous!!"  

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2000, 08:39:00 AM »
It also has that ugly Spitfire nose  

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2000, 09:11:00 AM »

Heck Juzz!   Is it a SDOE 109G? IMHO SDOE has the best 3D 109G around. Too bad the FM's are so poor and a/c so few  
EAW has some ANR nice skins like this one (courtesy of Migge and F.D'Amico):

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2000, 10:35:00 AM »
SDOE is getting aircraft added, slowly - it's sort of an engineers game rather than one for pilots.  

Now, about AH's Me109 model... from front to back.

1. Nose is too wide, as the MG131 cowls are part of the whole nose shape, and not seperate shapes as they should be.(I don't mean they should be like the G-6's "bumps", btw) Undernose oilcooler opening is too small.

2.Cockpit sides slope out too much from top to bottom, making the cockpit dash waaay too wide. The front windscreen and canopy roof seems too high. Or; the back firewall of the cockpit is too low, giving a superior "6 view" and also causing a distinct change in line from the canopy roof to the tail assembly.

3. Wingtips are incorrectly semi-circular; the widest point should actually be slightly more forward on the wing, giving the tips a more "pointed" appearance. Incorrect dihedral of wings, as noted before.

Except for the nose, correcting the other areas would seem to only require some minor reshaping of the existing polys. Just a guess.  

Offline Bradburger

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.internet-today.co.uk/myweb/bradburger/Ahsounds.htm
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2000, 12:01:00 PM »
I was gonna post a picture of Hans Dittes Hybrid 109G-10 but can't find it and seeing as everyone else has posted one I'll post this:

Cheers

Bradburger

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2000, 01:47:00 AM »
Juzz

You silly bovine

Not sure why you have it in for me, but I often laugh when you flame my posts.  

I thought only, that they were two very good "color" pictures and that they happened to displayed "Dihedral" wing shapes well.

BTW what is "Juzz"?  Could it be the crusty stain left on a  bed sheet following a nocturnal emission?  

Mino

kjb

109 - Lack Of Dihedral?
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2000, 02:47:00 PM »
Minotaur, dang you crack me up.  Butt i believe what you are thinking about is JIZZ.

------------------
KJB
aka kjb  ;)