Author Topic: Bug? Exploit? What?  (Read 742 times)

Offline emanonpettes

• Zinc Member
Bug? Exploit? What?
« on: February 20, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »
Okay, so I can't park my M3 under a big tree and have my icon disappear when a plane cruises over.  However, someone attacking my countries town/vehicle base etc. seem to have the ability to hide in certain buildings, and their icon doesn't show up while I'm in the air.

Am I missing something?   

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Bug? Exploit? What?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 12:59:13 PM »
It's the same for everyone. If you would drive into the very same buldings (Hangar, indestructable, barn, ect) your icon would be hidden too.

Parking under a tree is different from being inside a building: there is no roof that can completely block the icon. Depending on angle the viewer has relative to you, your icon may or may not show. But the very same applies when an enemy tries to hide under a tree.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline emanonpettes

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 02:05:15 PM »
Understood.   Not thrilled with the mechanics, but understood.  (If AAA guns work using AI rules, shouldn't there be base crews that are capable of killing the joker trying to utilize OUR hangar to hide)?  Oh crap.. I think I just realized what camping is all about....sorry, didn't mean to shine a light on that dark corner.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 02:28:43 PM »
Okay, so I can't park my M3 under a big tree and have my icon disappear when a plane cruises over.  However, someone attacking my countries town/vehicle base etc. seem to have the ability to hide in certain buildings, and their icon doesn't show up while I'm in the air.

Am I missing something?   

actually, the icon is still there. it's just inside the building. if you fly low, and past an opening, such as the hole in the wall of some, or the door, you'll see it.

it is incredible fun though, watching them try to strafe ya, and auger into the building.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 03:31:30 PM »
(If AAA guns work using AI rules, shouldn't there be base crews that are capable of killing the joker trying to utilize OUR hangar to hide)?

To some extend, there are: All the ack guns on field will fire at him. Lighter vehicles can and will be killed, Wirbel- & Ostwind can quickly lose their turret to them, and tanks may at least be tracked. Also you can hop into a field ack (soft gun) and kill him. To get to a hangar, the enemy has to eleminate this ground defense first.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:06:25 PM »
Phew!  I thought somebody took advantage of me when I passed out Friday night...    :devil
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 06:51:22 AM »

Am I missing something?   
A couple of feet/degrees makes the difference between icon and no icon.  Not much room for error as you've seen first hand.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 06:56:38 AM »
Phew!  I thought somebody took advantage of me when I passed out Friday night...    :devil
:lol
Lighten up Francis