Author Topic: Setting up headphones in mic????????????/  (Read 362 times)

Offline Daskilla

• Zinc Member
Setting up headphones in mic????????????/
« on: March 06, 2009, 11:33:48 AM »
Hey guys wondering if anyone can help me with my mic.  It works and all but i would like to have the other players voices come in through the headphones.  I know exactly how to have sound come through them, but that would include all sounds icludeing planes.  If its even possible to just allow voices to come through the headset plz let me know.
DASKILLA <S>

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Setting up headphones in mic????????????/
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 11:42:19 AM »
As far as I know, sound is all or nothing - either all headset or all speakers.

That said, you can go to the in-game options into the voice prefs and set a slider to turn down all game sounds while someone is transmitting vox.  This way, you can enjoy the normal game sounds, but they will be automatically turned down so you can hear someone talking.

Check this link to the help page:
http://www2.hitechcreations.com/ahgs/pvoice.html
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:45:15 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »
From what I understand, Windows can only use one sound device at a time... so basically even if you have two sound devices (onboard sound vs. USB headset), windows will not allow you to divert one type of sound through the speakers, and another through the headset.. even IF the game supported it (which it doesn't).  Now.. non USB headsets (that plug into the headphone jack) use the existing sound card.. it just redirects the sound to the headphones instead of to the speakers, so in that case you still only have one sound device.

USB headsets use their own sound device, so when you plug it in, Windows loads the drivers for the USB and 'disables' the drivers for the onboard sound.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 05:25:16 PM »
I think the only way to use two sound cards would also require an outside vox program like teamspeak. Windows will probably give you more crashes for your trouble too.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.