Author Topic: Question for squadron leaders and members  (Read 4526 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Question for squadron leaders and members
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
I agree, but I see worse behavior from those not in squads, just running in to grab a kill.  Working in numbers to manipulate the opponent in a wingman fashion is one thing. :rock Snatching up a stalled, roped opponent from beneath the pilot who set him up  :mad:, that is just a selfish mindset that belongs in no arena, but has to be politely discarded.

we had a couple of those last night!!

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 05:54:28 PM »
Seems you havent flown in the "regular DA" in a while from the looks of it.
Brilliant Watson!

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 07:02:12 PM »
IMO, fewer numbers increases drama which causes less people to play which causes fewer numbers which increases drama which causes....

Plus the AvA has immense bad PR to overcome.  I believe if you asked the average AH player to say the first word that comes to mind when you say "AvA" they'd say "Drama".

Maybe we need to change our name, you know like Blackwater did.
P-47 pilot

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 07:23:19 PM »
What about "Combat Theater"?
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »
The AvA is basically a DA with rotating plane sets, how often do squads go to the regular DA?
This is the reason.  People who don't bother to participate anymore constantly feel the need to belittle it anyway.

Some of the best furballs I have been in have been when squads have clashed in the AvA.

Some of the worst gangbangs I have been exposed to were when AvA squads have refused to send 4 of their 12 members to help out the 2 on the other side that are getting ganged.  I won't name names, they know who they are.

But all things being equal, I would just as soon squads were dropped from the AvA altogether.  It might get rid of some of the silly drama if there are no perceived "sides" to defend when someone decides to act like an idiot.

Pick a ride, fly, and shut up.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »
On the contrary, more squads would be better. Squad vs squad fighst would get rid of the 1vs1 as the sole method of scrapping. It's hard to 1vs1 when there are 14 or 15 in a furball. :t

I for one would welcome squad vs squad battles, heck I might even be willing to drive a tank!

RTR
The Damned

Offline antivortex

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 07:28:07 AM »
The best thing that could happen to the AvA is to get rid of all the staff who no longer play but snipe on the bbs. Until regular players run the areana it will continues to fester in its current quagmire...
See Rule #4

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 07:39:59 AM »
maybe we should challenge a few of the other squads. trolling if you will, im a good fisherman hehehhe. actually it might be fun. put out an open challange to a particular squad on general forum and see if they bite.

the only problem i see is the MA tactics being used against us. if there was a way to quell that attitude and those tactics we probably could get a few squads back in there. just my thoughts

Offline 1azbaer

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 08:10:27 AM »
Drop Staffers who never play :O
 This sound familiar doesn't it OldMan.

Again for the squads, This is what JAY Gee five four does.
Why don't squads do what we do, when numbers are low we split the squad and use the true aces of the squad to  school the rest.

Be prepared for Squad drop outs! you find that some squadies, that is if you care, just don't belong.

Every time we do this the arena fills up. 

Offline apcampbell

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 10:03:48 AM »
I haven't had much time to play lately, but I can say that when the proper senario/map is up, there can been some good times in there. Most recent was the last BoB setup. 353rd vs. JG/54 fights became some seriously fun squad vs. squad fights.

Perhaps if there is some really good planning and advertising, along with the issue of moving the AvA to the EW/MW server, more people will join in
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:37:10 AM by apcampbell »
"Navy061"
http://www.slybirds.com
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »
The best thing that could happen to the AvA is to get rid of all the staff who no longer play but snipe on the bbs. Until regular players run the areana it will continues to fester in its current quagmire...

And sniping behind shade cover really proves that you are, in fact, a contributing member of said arena...
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:33 AM »
And sniping behind shade cover really proves that you are, in fact, a contributing member of said arena...

:lol Somone just burned hmi.  :aok

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 10:58:03 AM »
Battle of Aces

To me this was the high point of the AvA.  I've never seen so many players logged on since then.  It was almost like a mini FSO, with whole squads flying in organized fashion to intercept enemy raids.  The addition of weather variability made it even more interesting.

If we had something like BoA again, but without the pricing for aircraft, that would be something.  I appreciate fudgums' efforts but PTO isn't it.

Edit:
One more thought.  If something BoA is run again, you would need to sub a bomber for the axis, something to take the place of a Do 217 or He 177.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:00:20 AM by Anaxogoras »
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »
Yup, BoA was the high point alright, I dont think I even logged into the MA for two weeks.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 12:59:43 PM »
I have another right up that's in the works atm that is eto.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27