Author Topic: Question for squadron leaders and members  (Read 4530 times)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Re: Question for squadron leaders and members
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 03:28:47 PM »
My squad hasn't had that many adversories in AH2. Back in AH1 we were up against the different squadrons in the CT, now in AH2 we've mostly have to battle our archnemesis the LLv34 - if we'd like to fly together as Finns we wouldn't have anyone to fly against, this has been cutting down our enthusiasm as there haven't been that many people online when most of us have been trying to fly the AvA. (Even if the fights 1vs1 have been fun enough, I'd like to see more people in the AvA).

<S> all of you AvA flyers!
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 04:51:09 PM »
Panzzer,

It always to good to see you, Target, Shamus and others around.  In BOA, those in the know, really appreciated the hard work put forth to handle the settings and soft coding issues that came about.  I too, have a schedule that conflicts with the peak AvA flying hours.  The problem that I believe Oldman is addressing is that peak has rounded off to a mound.  EW, MW and updated DA offer players choices other than LW main arena squad ops. 

What I don't get in any of those, is the historical feel of pitting Axis planes against Allied.  In my opinion the :cool: Axis versus Allies Arena :cool: server should be flashing "try me" every time you log in. 

We have some talented filmers, we should have some films posted in the General Forums, to give the uninformed a peek at the lovely color corrected maps and historical setups.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »
It always to good to see you, Target, Shamus and others around. 

<--gonna try and get shamus back in, he left because of happenings in the arena but has expressed interest in being active in the AvA again.  :)
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 04:19:18 PM »
The Checkertails are barely on as it is. I heard Joedog might be coming back so you never know. He and I used to frequent the AvA.
325th Checkertails

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2009, 09:18:10 AM »
Obviously I'm far from a regular, there are simply never more then a few people online in the AvA normally. Last excursion into the AvA was the last Midway set up. Was normally 2-3 or more to 1 (axis) with most of the fights gravitating to the lagoon and even over the field. So basically same old same old.

I would make the following observations, 1st there is zero difference between AvA and MA squads...with the exception that by and large MA squads have more talent. Game play is in no way "better in the AvA", in fact most folks looking for a better fight tend to fly the MWA vs the AvA. I will certainly continue to look for opportunities to pop in and maybe over time things will change.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2009, 02:24:08 PM »
humble I hope you can find a time when there's a bigger size grop in there sometime. I think you'll find the fights are infact better by far. As far aw MW...I have nothing good to say about that arena. I was in there the other night...All I saw buzzing around were Hurris and Fm2s. I was outnumbered 3 to 1 just about every fight (was fighting the same 3 people for the most part). I couldn't turnfight withthem, so I tried roping them (I was in a 38) They would complain of picking everytime I'd do that  :confused:

It was even worse than LW, I was pretty disappointed. you won't find stuff like that going on in the AvA.

Next time we got some good #s in there I'll see if you're on and shoot you a PM  :salute
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2009, 04:52:03 PM »
humble I hope you can find a time when there's a bigger size grop in there sometime. I think you'll find the fights are infact better by far. As far aw MW...I have nothing good to say about that arena. I was in there the other night...All I saw buzzing around were Hurris and Fm2s. I was outnumbered 3 to 1 just about every fight (was fighting the same 3 people for the most part). I couldn't turnfight withthem, so I tried roping them (I was in a 38) They would complain of picking everytime I'd do that  :confused:

It was even worse than LW, I was pretty disappointed. you won't find stuff like that going on in the AvA.

Next time we got some good #s in there I'll see if you're on and shoot you a PM  :salute

I check AvA numbers every time I log in, shoot me a PM any time...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 06:29:55 PM »
You would have enjoyed the BostonIII vs the Emil and the 110c. It was a lot of fun even though my bus was shot down far too often.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 12:49:29 PM »
The Checkertails are barely on as it is. I heard Joedog might be coming back so you never know. He and I used to frequent the AvA.

Kuhn,

The Joedog was sited doing some damage in the AvA last night.  Just a lil secret, if you catch him fiddling with his TrackIR settings and be very, very quiet..... you might just get an easy kill.  :furious  Otherwise, be prepared for a good fight. :salute

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 01:13:20 PM »
You would have enjoyed the BostonIII vs the Emil and the 110c. It was a lot of fun even though my bus was shot down far too often.

Yep, had some really fun fights in the Boston against Tbarone in his emil. All I kept thinking was.....weeeee!

<S> Tbar

Jenks
MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 01:48:50 PM »
I'm sure Tyrant was cursing me the night I was on.  On a couple/three of occasions, he had an Axis fixated and dragging straight while I came in to clear his 6 -- only to watch said axis completely ignore the .303 raindrops gently tickling his wing while he finished off his prey.

(poor Tyrant)
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 05:45:23 PM »
Kuhn,

The Joedog was sited doing some damage in the AvA last night.  Just a lil secret, if you catch him fiddling with his TrackIR settings and be very, very quiet..... you might just get an easy kill.  :furious  Otherwise, be prepared for a good fight. :salute

I meant the joedog in my squad. Is that the same guy?
325th Checkertails

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
I can't be certain, but I was pretty sure it was your Joedog.  Also, awesome fights today with Tankman:salute  Good to see you there too Kuhn

Tankman in a P51 (flew it like a helicopter)  :noid and me in a 109 G14 (flew it like a rock)  :lol  We had some good fun stall fighting, Tankman would only give me a glimpse of his pony as we both seemed to stall at the exact same moment.  We started somewhere low about 3 - 4 k and ended up somewhere above 13 or 14 k.  Now, that kind of stuff with other pilots is what AvA IS all about:salute

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2009, 05:12:57 PM »
OM, to put my 0.02 in:
   You're not going to see many squadrons picking the AvA as a home arena while the AvA is seen as a place where the rules are many and varied and the only way to know what they are is to break em. And then of course, they change. CT staffers need to play in the arena or lose their status/privs. When you've got staffers who actually play in the arena regularly and you've got staff in there most of the time, you'll find most of the problems with the arena will get fixed and your player draw will be higher.

Cheers,
asw
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 05:19:42 PM by detch01 »
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 07:16:28 AM »
Well, first of all the only way to see the AvA at all is to come see for yourself.  The rules that are broken are the same as in any other arena, with the exception of the NO PORK RULE.  None of that is the CM's fault, until you discuss with them why the arena has to be reset manually, unlike the Main Arenas, it is hard to blame anyone for doing all they can to prevent it.

I suggested that the Arena Message include specific rules for new events, and pretty much I believe they are. 

Squadrons don't need to make the AvA their home.  A few squadrons had specific nights that they flew there.  A lot of these squads also used the arena to practice for FSO and other upcoming events (not a bad idea at all).  Even I don't push certain setups and always look to balance the one sided affairs, by changing sides. 

To agree with you on a point, I recently saw a squad new to the arena, doing some practice and joined in for some of the fun.  I heard some discourse from the newer players about the planesets.  This is because they were forced to use planes that hardly anyone would think of flying without ENY being 30, having to compete with Me262s, Bf109 K4s, La7s, F4Us, etc.  Not because the planes were crap, but because were not used to their strengths and tweaks (convergence, flaps, etc.)  Actually, that particular setup was the most evenly match that I can recall in some time.

Then, the next day I read in a thread somewhere how horrible that squadron was (unlikely).  :uhoh  I found most of them to be very professional.   They warned me from the start that they were practicing as a squad and I would most likely be attacked by groups and not 1v1s.  When the numbers are large, that IS what you should expect.