Author Topic: It may be a lop sided victory but......  (Read 2589 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: It may be a lop sided victory but......
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »
I was driving that task group and watching B-25's dive bomb it with the chutes above while all i could do was keep it turning was a bit unsavory. If a task group is that under armed I think at least a few guns should be manable to downed pilots. Although I'll say i don't think any expected that many bombers for 1 task group.

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 12:27:11 PM »
Shifty

The post was not intended to take away anything from any of the Allied Squads especially yours. We could not have accomplished what we did without your crew. It was meant so take the Axis down a notch, not much of one as they have some great victories but just a notch. Just wanted to let them know the Allies kicked em hard also. <S> to you and your squad sir and the other Allied squads for their work and I apologize for all the LCA to you, your squad and the other Allied squads if our posting sounded as though we were bragging or the only squad to accomplish what was tasked. As for the chute issue and the rearm pad issue. Tunes as well as our squad was never informed that bailing on a field and shooting a pilot on the ground was not acceptable. After it was told to us it hasn't happened again. The chutes were members of our squad cheering on the remaining bombers to destroy the Task Group that we were assign to destoy & that was all. We did not intentionally do it to divert ack as others Assume we did. However we in the future will assure that when we bail we are clear of any ack or .EF if we cannot manuveur the aircraft out far enough to ditch or bail. <S> Aliies and Axis teams

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
Just an FYI...

Both threads (this being one of them) regarding Axis domination of Frame 2 were started BY THE ALLIED SIDE. There was no need to take the Axis "Down a Notch" because the Axis didn't come on the boards tooting their own horns about it.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »
No problem or hard feelings DakOne. I could have handled it better myself.
Good luck to you guys this week. :aok
<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009, 05:18:23 PM »
Wow! what a bunch of whining!

The LCA is a proud squad, a tight squad... We have pilots from every range in the spectrum.. Cheating is severely frowned upon.. I find the accusation offensive.. I can't recall ever being told to 'game the game' in FSO... Ever.. It is a ridiculous notion.. And I apologize now for the tone of this post but that really rubbed me the wrong way..

If HighTone wants to congratulate his pilots he should.. I am certain he did not intend to take anything away from the other squads..

Do we need to ask your permission to bail sax? Give me a break.. We are all grown men and should act like it...

Gentlemen, THIS IS A CARTOON GAME..  :rock
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 05:33:20 PM by Tarstar »

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2009, 05:35:30 PM »
Top Squads: Objects Destroyed
   LCA: 74
   353rd Fighter Group: 20
   332nd Flying Mongrels: 15

Top Pilots: Objects Destroyed
   Provost (353rd Fighter Group): 20
  DAKone (LCA): 20
   office (LCA): 13
   40puppet (LCA): 12
   cntrl (LCA): 10
   xdan (LCA): 8
   18whisky (LCA): 5

Enough said  :rock

Without the LCA on the MA, I think I may have pulled a Banshee on everyone. :)

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2009, 06:34:33 PM »

Bailing and shooting folks on the runway with a .45

:lol

This didn't actually happen, did it?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2009, 01:48:47 AM »
Yes it did, hence why we are forced to put in writing that which need not normally be. Kind of like "do not touch" signs on high tension lines.

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2009, 08:38:07 AM »
Yes it did, hence why we are forced to put in writing that which need not normally be. Kind of like "do not touch" signs on high tension lines.

I've searched for that thread to no avail unfortunately.  I seem to remember it being one of the... "Hey look what we did!" as they busted caps in helpless pilots heads  :lol
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2009, 04:18:36 PM »
The thread may have been sanitized, as things often get out of hand in such topics.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2009, 06:06:37 PM »
Well in defence of the LCA they came back to the same spot this week in fighters and gave us a bloody nose not to mention killed the fleet again.
This subject can probably drop now. Good job last Friday LCA.
<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2009, 06:19:24 AM »
Thank you Shifty <S>