Author Topic: Oink !  (Read 9032 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: Oink !
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2009, 06:36:38 PM »
The problem it there are to many of them to squelch. When I fly (spy) nit I always start off by squelching the pigs because I know sooner or later one of them is going to land two kills in a spit16 and the text buffer is going to be spamed. Imagine if EVERY squad in AH did this. It wouldn't take long for HTC to step in and put and end to it. Squad WTGs should be kept on squad channel that's what its there for.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

(wishlist? ".squelch squad###"?)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2009, 06:47:57 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl

(wishlist? ".squelch squad###"?)

That or unlimited .squelch slots.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2009, 11:45:54 PM »
Though I utterly hate to concur with a Muppet  :furious

... I think Scotch is a tiny bit more right than you ;)

Ok i give in. It sounded like something really dramatic to say at the time..thanks for busrting my prime time TV show bubble. :furious

While POTW might have become more numerically obese and alot more vocal in the recent years I just cant see why them having fun is bothering people. Sure, we ask them to tone down the OINK thing and maybe they would have if we were not giving them so much attention over it.

As for scotch, clearly he has changed alot. He's gone from MA hooligan, through the 'im gunna learn dueling as i hate being owned in a fair fight' stage...and become a Muppet...and changed his name from the one he first had.

I never said it was a bad change in you, Scotch, but it was certainly one that altered your attitude towards the MA and the people who fly there exclusively for the 'war effort'.

take it or leave it.  :salute
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2009, 12:28:50 AM »
So after nine years of playing Aces High as C.O. with Pigs On The Wing there has become an issue about us oinking.
Some of you think its funny and some of you wonder what is the oinking about and some just hate and despise the oinking. I think giving my squaddies a salute or wtg pig style oink is ok. What makes it so offending that people are going out of thier way to try and disband our squad and or band the oinking. Last time i heard this is america and we have a right to freedom of speech. I understand the cussing implacations but oinking
seriously? You hate it so much you whine and bug skuzzy. (you know who you are.)

Ok go!! time for you all to rip me apart just out of spite. quote all my words and disect them
thats what I've come to expect here thats why I don't come here.
Nows you chance for you to convince me how and why the oink is bad. "Oink"

Frankly I could care less about what you do oinking or not.

But don't throw out the old Freedom of Speech line.  It does not apply.  You are in HTC's world and you play by their rules.  It isn't a public place.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2009, 12:29:14 AM »
I think it's a nice gesture for y'all to oink at one another.  Probably could make the same congratulatory point on squad channel; if it were ever to get annoying I'd just ignore it.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2009, 01:17:13 AM »
As for scotch, clearly he has changed alot. He's gone from MA hooligan, through the 'im gunna learn dueling as i hate being owned in a fair fight' stage...and become a Muppet...and changed his name from the one he first had.
I never said it was a bad change in you, Scotch, but it was certainly one that altered your attitude towards the MA and the people who fly there exclusively for the 'war effort'.

Bat, while you may just have noticed me recently, I have bbs accounts that predate yours by 5 years. I did go through an 'ego trip' but it was when I was a 16yo squeaker on MacAW. I pretty much lost any sort of ego when I was a trainer for Kesmai. While after an 7year on/off break to flying I had a lot of rust, I really haven't suddenly learned much or overcome some plateau. I'm pretty much the same as always. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt. I am interested in improving things and seeing the community police itself again. I will go to the extreme sometimes. Because hey, it's actually drawing attention to things and I'm seeing results. Even if they aren't on the bbs. And even if you don't agree with them.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:21:26 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2009, 01:38:13 AM »
oooo 'ark at him now...trainer for kesmai, forum shades from the land before time. I never said i played longer than you, I said youve changed. I see it even since i knew you as scotch. That just my opinion. Once again lemme repeat that i didnt say it was a bad change. But what it all comes down to, my tater tossing compadre...what the krux of this matter is....what all this really tells us is....You're basically admiting that you adore 'SkyRock' and everything he stands for.
That's understandable he is a pretty damn cool guy. :rock

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2009, 01:41:33 AM »
My views have always been the same. The arena and game play has just changed to a further level of contrast to those views. Mark and many, many, other people share the same views I do. I won't feel bad about that.

edit: And my last post was to refute your notion that I'm feeling "like a god" as you put it in the DA. Not to brag. That bores me. I have better things to brag about, like my job.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:03:22 AM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2009, 01:57:56 AM »
You're basically admiting that you adore 'SkyRock' and everything he stands for.

What exactly do you think he stands for?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2009, 02:01:11 AM »
Being a complete jerk to twenty people on the assuption that at least one will try and make themself a better virtual pilot because of it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2009, 06:34:35 AM »
Ok i give in. It sounded like something really dramatic to say at the time..thanks for busrting my prime time TV show bubble. :furious

Pffft, TV sucks anyway.Your place is in AH, not in front of that dull tube  :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2009, 07:33:56 AM »
Each squadron develops their own personality, and style over time. The oinking is fine, its the channel they are doing it on that is causing the problem. Some squadrons announce "horrido" when they get a kill. But they don't do it on country channel. And they don't have 20 or more guys all OINKING at once spamming the channel.

Pull it back to squad text or vox and knock their sox off.
Its simply a matter of respect and consideration for everyone else to not spam country channel that way.
And how you handle this issue will decide for many if your squadron should be respected or not. Your choice.

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2009, 09:14:35 AM »
.... Its simply a matter of respect and consideration for everyone else to not spam country channel that way.
And how you handle this issue will decide for many if your squadron should be respected or not. Your choice.

Many people mistake being known, even for bad behaviour, as the same as respect. It is not. Ghosth is right on.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2009, 09:35:44 AM »
The cow says: Moo!  (  :lol )

Seriously, isn't the barnyard animal noise game for preschoolers?  Take your spam to squad channel.  Country channel isn't for you guys to self promote after a pig lucks out and lands 2 kills.

Between squads spaming and ROX congratulating the furballers for making them lose all their bases (oh noes!); it is fairly obvious why the knitwits are always the low number country.   :devil
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
Being a complete jerk to twenty people on the assuption that at least one will try and make themself a better virtual pilot because of it.

You have no recent(within last year) evidence of what you accuse me of....if so, post it.  If I see nothing posted in the next 24 hours...I will expect a public apology! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"