Author Topic: 77th FS "Gamblers" Recruiting Jack of All Trades Players  (Read 1473 times)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
77th FS "Gamblers" Recruiting Jack of All Trades Players
« on: March 05, 2009, 03:05:41 PM »
While we might only be internet pilots on a cartoon game, we only use the colors to honor those proud men and women of the 77th who fought, and we do so to honor their service.  The 77th, as a real life squad still exists today.  We salute those men and women and keep them in our hearts.  We remember them, wear their squad colors on our vehicles and planes, and pray for their safe return from harm's way.                         

On the internet game "Aces High" the 77th FS "Gamblers" is an all adult squad that flies exclusively for the "Knights".  We come from all backgrounds and nationalities.  The squad specializes in organization, working together, and getting the job done...but in the end, if you didn't have FUN...it all meant nothing.

If you play for score/rank or think that the game is a serious business...you probably might want to look into another squad.

Players who enjoy TEAMWORK.
Players who enjoy organized bombing missions
Players who enjoy organized attack missions
Players who enjoy taking bases
Players who study & recognize sound, historic, tried & true military tactics and use them in-game
Players who--considering all the above--want to have FUN! 

We are especially looking for players who like to bomb, attack, and gv!  We're a Jack of All Trades squad, and we're looking for well rounded players.

If all you care about is your fighter rank, then you need not apply...we'd be unfairly wasting your time.   

If you are great in fighters but want to learn other facets of the game so you can be a far better/more rounded player--then we are the squad for you.

We have regular squad nights (attendance is not mandatory, unlike some squads), regular skills training, our own website, our own private forum, and our own off Aces High private chat forum. We also have squad training nights where we have special guests who are tops in the game at their specialty come in and lead that specialzed training.  We help players GROW!

We also ask that you fly with us for awhile to make sure its a good "fit" on both sides.

1)  Be on a full subscription (not the 2 week free subscription, we support HTC and long term subscriptions)
2)  Be 18 years old or older (please be honest)
3)  Be willing to fly with a squad that stays exclusively knights

This is a major league sense of humor squad as well  :aok...If I had a dime for everytime some squaddie got me laughing and I spit coke all over the monitor I'd be playing for free :rofl

Simply contact ROX, Stage2, or any "77th FS "Gamblers"  by PM or in-game for details.

We're here to have fun!!

PS:  We are also looking for European English & German speaking players to organize, fly, and fight with the squad's colors as the "Early Shift".  We'd also like to have a European German/English "Night Owls" speaking part of a wing to help the North American players during North American Prime time.  All European players who have even conversational English skills are encouraged to apply!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:07:43 PM by ROX »

Offline Stage1

• Copper Member
Re: 77th FS "Gamblers" Recruiting Jack of All Trades Players
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 08:13:51 AM »
The 77th FS "Gamblers"  welcomes Allin, Oracle, Starguy, 19kilo, carbine and jflorida to the squad!!!

:salute
Stage1
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:18:35 AM by Stage1 »
If it can't get there on it's own, leave it at home!!

Buick GS, Fast with Class!!  www.V8buick.com

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:45:36 PM »
The 77th FS "Gamblers" welcomes back MrClean after a long hiatus!

THANK YOU to flk4 of DAMAGE INC. who volunteered a couple of hours to help instruct the 77th on our gv skills!  Due to his training, many members have tripled and quadrupled their gv kills per tour and are having a ball in gv's now!  FLK4  :salute

We are also looking for a hot-shot fighter pilot who can come in on a Sunday 5 to 6 PM during squad training night and help us work on fighter skills.  The person need not join the squad, but only believe that they can help in a constructive way.  Please PM me in-game if you can volunteer to be our "guest trainer".  If I could only bribe Bruv with some beer, he might stay up late to help us :pray   :salute

Thanks in advance!

ROX

Offline Stage1

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:09:57 AM »
We are looking for guys to fly in FSO also, Simply contact ROX, Stage2, or any "77th FS "Gamblers"  by PM or in-game for details.

Stage2

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56:58 AM »
The 77th welcomes IMAXX to the squad!  :salute

Also, as Stage mentioned---if your squad does not participate in Friday Night Squad operations and you wish to do so, PM either Stage2 or myself and you can fly with us.  Country/squad loyalties do not matter in FSO.  FSO is simply folks who want action as close as it gets, so if you'd like to get involved, you are more than welcomed!
Thank you in advance.

ROX

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 02:35:23 PM »
What is the squad plane that you guys have? 77th FS sounds like an American fighter squadron. Do you guys fly a specific plane during squad ops?
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 04:28:36 PM »
What is the squad plane that you guys have? 77th FS sounds like an American fighter squadron. Do you guys fly a specific plane during squad ops?

Not necessarily.

Most of the time the planes we fly are the "tools" meant for a specific job we are doing at the time.

If you are asking if we are a predominantly "fighter" only squad, then that's probably a no.  We do have regular squad training nights and we do fly the same plane while the instructors are going through their lessons, but as for MA, not really.

We do a lot of specific jobs for knights. Sometimes it's dropping the enemy front of ordanance and troops.  Sometimes we are taking bases by gv only.  Other times we are doing organized missions.  Each job tends to dictate what planes/gv's are best for the job at hand.

Recently, we did one mission that took 4 bases in prime time.

There are some squads that are all German planes, or all Russian planes, or all P51-D's, or P38's...that not us.  We use the entire planeset for the different jobs at hand.

Big  :salute

If interested, please read the top post in this thread and get back to us!

ROX

PS--For FSO we all fly the same plane together with our squad colors--but we fly whatever the FSO orders tell us to fly.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:49:07 PM »
you guys plan on showing up for FSOs now?
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 01:17:43 PM »
you guys plan on showing up for FSOs now?

While our numbers in FSO are small for now (4-6 slots), yes, we do.

One of the reasons for the posts here is to let folks know that even if they do not wish to join the MA squad, they can still get a slot with us in FSO.

ROX

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »
<S> to ROX and his crew good group of guys.  ROX I would be willing to help you guys out in some areas of the game I feel I am strong in.  Basics in dogfighting, dive bombing (killing hangers in one pass with heavy fighter and killing wirbles with an A20 and never getting hit), 8" guns (from SB and CV), GVing (tanks and osti/wirble) and killing bombers at 11k feet over the base with a man gun. 

<S> Duhasst

PS I have been wanting to get back in FSO...but not sure I can be there everytime right now.  I'll let you when I figure it out.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »
Excellent ROX good to know. Only reason I asked is because we were tasked to the same field as you guys the last few times and you didn't show up. I do realize real life issues get in the way at times

good luck with the recruitment
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »
 Good bunch of guys in the 77th  :salute
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline Stage1

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 04:08:28 PM »
 :salute Slimmer

Offline Stage1

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 11:14:11 AM »
The 77th FS "Gamblers"  welcomes Bigmac75, Brice93, EZRhino, HiVolt, J312, j313, joker619, Redman, Sgtlody, and Tlzipp

Stage1

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 01:26:34 PM »
Sounds like yall got the whole 78th Bushmasters or whatever when the name changed back to Luftmorder
Tours 86 - 296