Author Topic: We arent all bad  (Read 2509 times)

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Re: We arent all bad
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 07:28:46 AM »
LOL ~ "oldies."  :lol

<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 07:34:46 AM »
PUNCTUATION

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:36:41 AM by dunnrite »
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 07:50:04 AM »
We are the future. You know the funny thing is 40 years ago you were listening to the Beatles and the rolling stones and your parents and elders were saying.funny thing is, i still do listen to them. only now, i mix a little newer music in when i can find any worth listening to.

Dang teenagers/Kids uncultured rabble they are and will never amount to anything because they disrespect the old ways etc etc.my parents, nor any of my friends parents ever said that.

Now if that isn't a situation of hypocrisy hubsonfire idk what is and for the record this was to show that we young guys like Pink Floyd and retro bands myself in particular but you keep repeating the argument. I really respect you old guys and rather oddly agree with you but my point still stands.

We are history repeating itself. God knows in 40 years time when you guy's are all 90 or dead we will be speaking in MSN and our kids will be talking in BEBO Code or something and we will go. Don't they get taught MSN speak and proper use of online speak and their spelling is atrocious they dont spell wat like wt  etc etc.
actually, in most cases, you guys are not history repeating itself. when i was a kid, i was taught to use a crosswalk. i was taught to respect my elders(not saying you don't). i was taught to earn what i wanted, rather than have it just handed to me. i was taught most common sense things, that it seems most kids today aren't taught. i spent the majority of my time somewhere besides in the house.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 08:02:41 AM »
The funny thing about twentyfo's
Jonas Brothers > Pink Floyd
is what he uses for an avatar.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 08:24:09 AM »
actually, in most cases, you guys are not history repeating itself. when i was a kid, i was taught to use a crosswalk. i was taught to respect my elders(not saying you don't). i was taught to earn what i wanted, rather than have it just handed to me. i was taught most common sense things, that it seems most kids today aren't taught. i spent the majority of my time somewhere besides in the house.

May I add, if I didn't do what I was taught, it was hard to sit down for a while.  When I go to the grocery store, I hear kids talking to their parents in a way that if I had done it, I would still be sitting on a donut pillow.
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »

worst troll...ever.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 09:41:51 AM »
May I add, if I didn't do what I was taught, it was hard to sit down for a while.  When I go to the grocery store, I hear kids talking to their parents in a way that if I had done it, I would still be sitting on a donut pillow.

good point.
same here too.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Haplo81

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »
Interesting thread on a WWII simulation website..lol

OK here's my take.  I know who the Jonas Brothers are only because of the marketing machine plastering them all over television. I couldn't tell you any more about them than that.  However I am a fan of all music.  I try to listen to all types and be open to what I am hearing.  However it seems that the music I associate better with is by bands, artist, whatever you want to call them, that have done their time on the road.  To me that means that they started out by working their way up.  Learned their instruments, singing, wrote their own songs or collaborated with other artist, played small venues, learned the ropes and became successful without being marketed like American Idol does.  I have never and will never watch that show.  The bands that have gone through their own coming of age have gained experience, wrote songs, played thier instruments, sang about these experiences, and seem more well rounded with better musical material.  An example as related to classic rock, pop, even rap when it first came out, is that the top albums of all time are still always the same albums.

A few examples:
Led Zeppelin IV
Eagles Hotel California
Stevie Wonder Songs from the key of life
Rush Moving Pictures
AC/DC Back in black
Fleetwood Mac Rumors
Pink Floyd Dark Side
The Who Who's Next
Yes even Jackon's Thriller is an important album in the progress of music.  By the way Eddie Van Halen Is responsible for the guitar riff in Beat it.

I could go on and on.  These artist worked on their music and produced groundbreaking albums not just marketed quick hit singles.  It seems like pop music now is all about the quick marketed band or singles without any substance to the music. You don't see the back street boys as producing one of the greatest albums of all time.
I like a guitar solo or riff that knocks my socks off vs. a 3 chord song that repeats the same thing over and over.  That would be like flying only the c47 in this game and not utilizing all the other vehicles. 

With that being said if I understand the Jonas brothers are nothing more than a  quirky quick marketed pop band with no substance I will probably, no I will change the station.
Rock on all and make sure your Ipod is loaded with good music for your own life's soundtrack  :rock
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:52:22 AM by Haplo81 »
**Jokers Jokers ** CO Second Wing

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 12:17:32 PM »
They're a gay threesome....

That explains TwentyFo's man crush obsession with the band.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 12:41:02 PM »
 It needs cowbell.More cowbell.
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 12:45:01 PM »
the rest of you wouldn't know a correctly spelled word if nurse  > ratcheted <

---------->  :huh <----------

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 12:48:31 PM »
There is no way stang is over 40. Dont destroy what little hope i have left in this world.  :uhoh
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline apcampbell

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 01:02:30 PM »
May I direct your attention to a quote from the lat Douglas Adams:

"I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you're fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things."

Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Salmon of Doubt, p. 95
"Navy061"
http://www.slybirds.com
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 02:06:10 PM »

No, there's only one or two notable exceptions, the rest of you wouldn't know a correctly spelled word if nurse ratcheted herself broke you down and made you spell it.  You are all bad, and it pisses me off.

I have no clue what kinda stuff is on the radio for the past 20 yrs...when rap came out....ohhhh  say 84-85?I shut my radios off.

This thread ROX.

Offline Raygun

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 02:21:06 PM »

Ingame name: Apollo