Author Topic: Landing the F4, brake problems  (Read 505 times)

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
Landing the F4, brake problems
« on: January 03, 2001, 02:46:00 PM »
I recieved a set of CH pro pedels for xmas and the toe brakes are great.  Use them when I spawn on a cv, makes taking off much easier.  I have found that landing on cv or land is much easier EXCEPT for the F4.

What happens is that after I have got the plane on the ground and apply the brakes the F4 will vear to the left and I wind up gound looping.  It does not happen with any other plane so my pedels seem to be calibrated good.

Any Ideas?

------------------
Milo
3./JG2
"Swager's Angels"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2001, 02:54:00 PM »
Fixed this bug yesterday, it apears i was appling trim to the wheel.Land on manual trim you won't have this problem.

HiTech

Offline ygsmilo

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2001, 04:55:00 PM »
Thanks HT

------------------
Milo
3./JG2
"Swager's Angels"

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2001, 06:03:00 PM »
*pops HT's bubble*

Still happens. I've got a real simple rig, just an M$ Sidewinder 3D Pro. I can and do land a D-hog at angles that'll boggle your mind. I try a nice steady slow approach in a C-hog and the thing does a nifty little snap-turn when it stops. About 25-40mph it'll go down hard on one wing, skid, then pop around 180º facing my original flight path. Only happens in the C-hog, and it happens with every landing. Really weird. I've got film from 1.04P5 of this. Tried it earlier and it was still happening. Funky landing film is in there somewhere. There's 4 films of steep landings, the C-hog did a nice little 180º snap-turn while film was running. From 1.04P5.

Another minor hiccup; planes are standing on the heads again when you hit the brakes. I had a P-47 loaded to the brim with everything, taxiing at 30mph or so, and tapped the brake. She nearly stood on her head! Tail popped up and I let go of the brake, but it kept going. When the tail came back down the tailwheel was gone, but I didn't die. Happened offline. Seems quite a few planes do this now. P-47, F4U-D, 109-F4 and the La-5 on occasion.

-----------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2001, 09:37:00 PM »
Flak the dhog does the same thing, it will ground loop on you. A little throttle and it straightens out nicely.

AKskurj

Offline flakbait

• Silver Member
      • http://www.worldaccessnet.com/~delta6
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2001, 10:08:00 PM »
Skurj, nope. I've spent a good deal of time in the D-hog. Never flipped it, ground looped, skidded, or shot off the runway. Only happens to me in the C-hog. Like I said, weird.

Also found out the Hellcat likes to stand on its main gear when you hit the brakes. Tail doesn't want to come down unless you let off 'em.

-----------------------
Flakbait
Delta 6's Flight School
"For yay did the sky darken, and split open and spew forth fire, and
through the smoke rode the Four Wurgers of the Apocalypse.
And on their canopies was tattooed the number of the Beast, and the
number was 190." Jedi, Verse Five, Capter Two, The Book of Dweeb