Author Topic: Air to ground realism  (Read 707 times)

Offline BMathis

• Platinum Member
Re: Air to ground realism
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
1st one looks faster. I suppose a bit more realistic as well.
BMathis
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing (Retired)
Aces High CM Staff (Retired) [Koth, Xtreme Racing League]

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 04:51:56 PM »
notice how the first one (which is at maximum FoV zoom) the spitfire looks in proportion. Where as in the second (which is at minimum FoV zoom) the spitfire's wing looks hugely out of proportion. I think this is because HTC have (skillfully) given us what appears as a much wider field of view than is really possible on a 17" screen. Also because getting a similar close up on the spitfire in normal FoV requires getting much closer to the object, thus perspective is odd.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline capera

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »

If anything I think they go by TOO FAST.  You watch the old ww2 footage and see those guys strafe, and methodically pull away.  Ground vis is very very very very very very very VERY limited in this game.

BUT there is a reason for that.  If you were to have any complaint - that should be it.  BUT they have it as such as we just don't have the processing power to handle a more realistic look.

Have you ever flown IL2 (the game)?   If memory serves me correctly, the programmers of that sim managed to capture the air >> ground realism quite well.

Please do not misunderstand my post, it is not to complain. It is just an observation and I could never remember this topic being discussed before.

Great posts to date..... heck, you never know, the AH programmers might look into it....and add it to the list of "things to do"   :D