Author Topic: What are the full steps to Join a bomber?  (Read 554 times)

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
What are the full steps to Join a bomber?
« on: March 13, 2009, 10:15:00 PM »
What are the full steps to join a Bomber? Thank You Ketinkrad

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: What are the full steps to Join a bomber?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
ask the guy whos flying the bomber if its ok first !  then type in the radio box .join xxxx where the xxxx is the pilots name. That will send a message to the bomber pilot, and he well have to accept you by clicking in the pop up box, or if the pop up box is turned off he'll type .accept xxx.

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 10:28:53 PM »
Why would he not want a Gunner in his Bomber? Is there a negative side to having a Gunner on board. Thank You Ketinkrad

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 10:42:00 PM »
the bomber pilot can jump to the guns and gun for himself. If they don't know the guy wanting to gun they may not trust them to save their butt, and just do it themselves.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 11:23:36 PM »
If you allow someone to join, they can fire every last round of your ammo into the sky because they dont like you, leaving you defensless.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 11:48:47 PM »
or they don't leave when asked  you out of luck. learned that the hard way in a GV.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 12:08:16 AM »
They also fire when you finally get into some clouds trying to be elusive only to be giving the enemy a laser light show to follow from some distance. Then after the sortie you find that gunner on the opposite team laughing about how his squad had you the whole time with the typical nerd talk in a PM. I've never had this happen to me. Yeah, ask before sending the request.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 02:54:42 AM »
I never let someone join me when I am playing.  Takes all the fun out of an other wise boring flight.  Gunning for yourself is the best...I'll even miss my drop to gun someone down.
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 04:15:16 AM »
Can you have more than 1 Gunner on a Bomber and is there an internal intercom like a real one has? Thank You Ketinkrad

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 09:25:24 AM »
no, only one gunner, and you use the local channel, or tune the same channel like talking to anyone else.

ketinkrad, you ask a lot of questions, which is good, but have you checked out the trainers site? All of these answers are there as well a lot more information about the game.

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 11:22:19 AM »
You probably already know you can move to different gunner positions. 

Another thing you can do is move to one of the other bombers.  When I would gun I'd leave the lead bomber to the actual pilot, and I'd gun from one of the drones.  That way he could move to any gun position he wanted.  You move to other bombers by using Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, Ctrl-3, etc...

You may also want to let the bomber pilot know if/when you decide to leave.  I always hated having someone volunteer to gun for me only to find out that they weren't around anymore when I was being attacked.

If you don't already have a headset (with a mic), you may want to think about picking one up.  The game is much more enjoyable for most if you can easily converse with others.  It'll enable you to talk to the people you're flying with, instead of typing to them.  That can make a huge difference.

Link to the trainer site-  http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »
You also should ask because sending the join request can pop up a window right in the middle of the player's screen.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 01:24:51 PM »
Thank You all, for taking the time to answer my Questions. Ketinkrad