Author Topic: Aces High/Aces Low  (Read 1062 times)

Offline ShrkBite

• Copper Member
Re: Aces High/Aces Low
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 10:51:38 PM »
i agree, air combat IS difficult

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 12:17:36 AM »
what i would suggest, is heading to the training arena. you don;t necessarily need to find a trainer in there. there are some excellent sticks in there, that are eager to help new guys, and old guys.

i've been finding myself in there more and more lately. if you happen to go in there, and see me, feel free to ask me for help. i'm nowhere near as good as most in here, but if there;s any help i can offer you, i'll be more than glad to help out dude.

my ingame name is in my sig below.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 12:55:36 AM »
Thanks everyone, there is some very good advice here......I'm currently trying to help him get his stick situated and that's hard to do with out being there to show him. I'm not even going to start and try to teach him how to set up the offline missions yet I'm still trying to get him to understand the advantages of going into the offline training and getting use to shooting and just flying around. Its hard enough to teach someone the game but his knowledge of the computer is not where it should be to understand the simple parts of the game. Its going to be a long road but I'm not giving up, he's a really nice guy and willing to learn.   
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline Animl

• Copper Member
      • Animal Tactics
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 03:52:21 PM »
First off Stang dude wtf why even post that? It doesn't make you look cool,smart, or funny you just come off as a sweetheart.

Secondly I think that you have to accept your not going to be the greatest pilot in the game and just have fun learning and kinda have a

whatever happens, happens attitude and it will be fun.

It's a old time SOP to rib someone about text structure and speeling. It's a friendly nudge. It's the intardnet, some understand it's a weak request, usually ignored.

The core meaning of his post is encouraging someone to continue helping the new guy\girl.

Just sayin,... I don't think there was any real serious intent there. Me thinks someone was locked and loaded. :)

Animl

<runs>
Animl (from the ashes of Air Warrior nation) http://home.comcast.net/~animl/