Author Topic: Looking for a squad, for 2 weeks  (Read 8692 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Looking for a squad, for 2 weeks
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2009, 12:39:49 AM »
As Del mentioned, I will be taking over for him. He will still be a part of it, as I will accept any suggestion he gives me.

Here is my suggestion; have fun with it. Otherwise, I am just an outside observer like everyone else.  :salute
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline AcesHighMan2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2009, 01:23:17 PM »
we would love to have you in (+)~FlYiNg~FuRY~(+) :rock just don't ask me ask TonyJoey he is the CO  :rofl
Rapture1

Offline Twizzty

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2009, 04:16:15 PM »
 :salute and WTG Del, a great addition to the Training Corps.

So this is an official invite to B4Buster from me and the Jokers. I'm sure you could write a book already  :uhoh but it would be like old times Corey. PM me with any details.

:salute Bud,
Adam

Meteor Interception of Luftwannabe Forces.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.
The Few

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »
PM sent old friend  :aok
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2009, 07:54:34 PM »
Are you a Bf109 or a FW190 Experten? Do you have a fascination with Luftwaffe aircraft of all kinds? If so, JG11 'Sonderstaffel' Gruppe is for you!

In the beginning of July, I had the unique pleasure of joining JG11 after they won a dice roll amidst several other squadrons. Initially, I was filled with dread knowing I would be unable to fly my P38 during my tenure with this illustrious squadron. Later, I realized not only what a great experience I was given but I hadn't dreamed of how often torque would kill me.

The Sonderstaffel welcomed me with open arms, giving me access to all their films and their forums. The amount of information contained within is staggering, including some interesting information not available to those outside their Gruppe. I would also like to congratulate them on a strict 'no tolerance' rule pertaining to becoming involved in aggressive bickering, either on the forums or in the game itself. It tends to give the squadron more credibility and makes the game more enjoyable by all.

Stampf is the CO of JG11 and he tends to use a soft hand approach but is great at rallying his men. I respect the man, even if I can't fly a FW190 anywhere near as well as he does. Stampf encourages a team atmosphere and because of it their squad can take on a larger amount of opponents and still be victorious.

One episode comes to mind immediately during my time with JG11. CANUKK, VonMessa, and I were returning to base when we were bounced by 5 higher bandits. Using definitive tactics, we were able to drag them down until our altitude and energy was roughly equal. The fight went poorly for them after that...

(squad tactics equate to everyone surviving and everyone opposing them often dying)

Their squad-nights are on Wednesday nights and begin in the Training Arena, some sparring and warm ups take place at that time. I consistently lost these training fights but I learned a lot, those lessons I still draw upon when I get my own students in the Training Arena. Without ado, here is some pictures of their squad nights...

(JG11 forms up on the runway to engage the high mob)

(Horble dismantling a Spit16).

(one of JG11 making a single successful pass on a P39)

("Beware the Hun in the sun!")

Normally, I don't highlight individual squadron members but one member of JG11 stands out above all others. His name is Vilkas "The Wolf", and is the 'Vati' (father) of JG11 not only for his age but also for his background. This man saw the Second World War as a combatant, but does not relish what he saw or what had occurred during those unhappy times. Regardless of his age, his youthful spirit tends to give JG11 more life than it would have otherwise and I am very proud to have had some flight time to get to know him in Aces High.

(Vilkas looks on from the rear seat in the 110 and tells Delirium how to shoot)

JG11 'Sonderstaffel' also has two official Aces High Trainers within their ranks and they have helped assist with scenario design in the past. They are a great squad and flying with them has helped me assist others in the Training Arena.

If you are interested in joining JG11, contact Stampf on the forums or visit their website at;

www.Sonderstaffel.org

Thank you, JG11 once again for putting up with a lousy stick like me for 2 weeks. It was a privilege!

Delirium
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »
 :aok

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »
I rock  :rock.....oops sorry wrong thread.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Little Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »
Looks like a great time. I'll contact my C.O. (SWrokit) and see if it's a possibility u can fly with us, the 125th Spartan Warriors, sometime soon!
 :salute~SWkiljoy
Captain of the 125th Spartan Warriors--- SWkiljoy
I just noticed something.....
No wonder Grizz is so good. Living in virtual world must be way more exciting than living in Lincoln Nebraska.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
 :aok

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »
Here is an updated squad list. I am now taking over for Delirium as he needed all the spare time he could get for his Trainer roll. Good Luck Del

(Currently flying the the ~Hells Angels~

The Strike Bandits (4 Morpheus)

The Pigs on the Wing

The Few

77th Gamblers

~Hells Angels~

Rolling Thunder

The Flying Circus

***LYNCHMOB***

Birds of Prey

VMF-214 'Black Sheep'

If you'd like your squadron added to the list, have the CO contact me via PM in game or here on the BBS

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2009, 04:11:02 PM »
     <S>  Del, good stuff here, bro!   Was a pleasure having you fly with the C-HAWKS and thanks for the time you put in to do all the write-up's. 
B4B, good to see someone pick up on this great idea.  Looking forward to your future posts about some of the other squads in AH.   :salute
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
     <S>  Del, good stuff here, bro!   Was a pleasure having you fly with the C-HAWKS and thanks for the time you put in to do all the write-up's. 
B4B, good to see someone pick up on this great idea.  Looking forward to your future posts about some of the other squads in AH.   :salute

Ditto all!  :salute
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline mike254

• Nickel Member
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2009, 11:19:36 AM »
Wow, this is a great idea. Like Twizz said, we would be glad to have you back Buster! Hell, you might even decide to stay :D  I look forward to it.
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

I have a photographic memory. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take off the lens cap.

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2009, 04:47:42 PM »
Come back Buster!! We love you!
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart