Author Topic: Seeing through smoke ?  (Read 2620 times)

Offline GREric

• Copper Member
Re: Seeing through smoke ?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 10:15:06 AM »
I only use smoke when the LTARs are there, cause they are always hating on me.  But sometimes I would use it to run away..when I know I am gonna die.  But..bottom line is most of the time its the other person (The one I am shotting at.) that pops the smoke so he wont get shot at. But it doesnt work..and I kill them anyway.  But when and if they do fix the smoke it wont alter the way I play.
Bishop MoM Coordinator, GrEric.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 11:17:15 AM »
that's the point of smoke

The point of smoke is to make everyone invisible (along that LOS, anyway). Magic smoke that some can see through and others can't is an abuse and a cheat. I'm pretty sure no WW2 tanks had thermal imagine scopes.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
I wonder if without the exploit he would still be "One dam good GVer" ...

I dont believe he is even with this 'exploit' however I also believe that if you are so easily defeated by smoke then neither are you. Any GVer worth his salt should be able to kill and then relocate and then kill and then relocate... all the while using the terrain against his adversary. If you sit still long enough for him to 'line up a shot' then you are effectively giving him the kill.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2009, 01:26:03 PM »
The point of smoke is to make everyone invisible (along that LOS, anyway). Magic smoke that some can see through and others can't is an abuse and a cheat. I'm pretty sure no WW2 tanks had thermal imagine scopes.

You should also be aware that since his graphics are incapable of drawing smoke he is also incapable of seeing a well hidden tank.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2009, 02:20:50 PM »
I dont gv much and only use smoke for retreat or relocation (or sometimes as a decoy), knowing that other gvers may be exploiting rules it out, which is a shame because its a useful tool in the (RL and AH) tankers toolbox.

Holmes, one dam average GVer.

(but with decent ears and aim http://www.lumbergh.aquiss.com/ah/ah_films/sweeeeet_1shot_on_panz.ahf :rock)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:22:39 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 12:12:09 AM »
No it does not rule it out. Not everyone is challenged with video issues and I would go so far as to say most people would want the better looking video but as you have no doubt already learned not everyone thinks alike.