Author Topic: DA Lake  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
DA Lake
« on: March 13, 2009, 12:13:39 PM »

I suppose I should know better than to post about the DA Lake considering todays' take upon the Lake.

A few years ago my former squad and I could Train in the Lake...today it has become a Cesspool of Egos.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: DA Lake
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 01:11:10 PM »
On the other hand I have actually started going in the DA with a small group of like minded folks and fighting eachother OTD. Has been a blast and then some. Out of habit I actually had to appologize the other night as after my second fight I found myself close to my base, still had my wongs, and landed. Forgot about kills showing up... oh the embarrassment. More fun to auger and refresh.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:17:38 PM »
On the other hand I have actually started going in the DA with a small group of like minded folks and fighting eachother OTD. Has been a blast and then some. Out of habit I actually had to appologize the other night as after my second fight I found myself close to my base, still had my wongs, and landed. Forgot about kills showing up... oh the embarrassment. More fun to auger and refresh.

NEVER land in the DA.  :lol

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »
NEVER land in the DA.  :lol
If not landing kills in the DA is what keeps you humble.  Does it really matter either way?  :rofl

I can't believe we talk so much about the Disabled Association of AH.

:salute 11
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:35:31 PM by JB11 »
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 02:06:37 PM »
If you show up early mornings, there's a pretty good crowd of regulars...  Small, but for the most part respectful.  They might pick you the first few times until they get to know you, after that it's smooth sailing.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 03:00:03 PM »
Last three nights I have gone to the DA for awhile. So now I have been there 4 times total... lol.
We fly on a small island with 2 opposing airfields. There is no picking as we call our intended victim out as we get icon. No egos no bitter dweebery just pure fun and folks offering input on improvements. Lot of kudos on good flying too. No name in lights just mutual respect.

......................... I'm in my office can I go home and fly in the DA some??   :rofl    :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 05:07:39 PM »
The only time I land in the DA is after I have owned those TAS butt heads just to throw it in their face.... :lol :lol

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »
The only time I land in the DA is after I have owned those TAS butt heads just to throw it in their face.... :lol :lol

Does the Queen TAS twit Trigger20 still fly in there?  I recall that tool bragging how there were only 15 players in AH that could beat him in a 1v1 fight.  So I took his challenge and beat the snot out of him, fight only lasted less then 30 seconds (he died 1st turn after merge).  Showed him how there were slightly more than 15 that could whip his arse.  He refused to duel me again afterwards, ran back to the pond and picked anyone in sight. So I up at the pond, shoot a few of the TAS clowns down and landed the scalps.  Only time I've ever landed a sortie in the DA. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »
No ak, but spacy, their exalted spitfire 16 pilot, I think is now the ringleader.

Offline Stixx

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 06:00:25 PM »

Agreed. I've recently become interested in the F6F and have flown on the deck at DA lake just to see how long I can survive in it, land my kills just to PO the TAS dweebs who repeatedly try to pick me.
The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in military aviation are:'Did you feel that?' 'What's that noise?' and'Oh S...!'
-Authors Unknown-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 06:57:02 PM »
No ak, but spacy, their exalted spitfire 16 pilot, I think is now the ringleader.

He's just as bad.  I remembered when he made some forays into the MW arena awhile back.  He didn't stick around too long though, I guess he couldn't hang with the big boys in the main arenas.  :lol

ack-ack

Offline cowboy73

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »
This thread is a joke... lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.    I land kills in there so what.  hehehehe.

DA rocks...ma lame :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

1wingovr
FBsly1 in game name. I am always looking for a good fight! I have a lot to learn though <S> You can find me in the ma or Da

Be humble or be humiliated! There is always someone better : )

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 07:11:51 PM »
This thread is a joke... lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.    I land kills in there so what.  hehehehe.

1wingovr

It is a proven fact that those like you have to play in the DA because you lack even the most rudimentary skills to survive beyond taking off in the main arenas.  Which is why twits like you fly over the DA pond in 4 cannon birds and pick those planes already enaged.  I seriously doubt that you can recall one 1v1 fight you didn't run away from.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 08:15:56 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 07:16:26 PM »
...today it has become a Cesspool of Egos.

Generally speaking, you need to be good to have an ego.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
Generally speaking, you need to be good to have an ego.

Welp...no ego for me
Tours 86 - 296