Author Topic: Need your opinion.  (Read 530 times)

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
Need your opinion.
« on: March 12, 2009, 09:29:45 PM »
Hey I need yalls opinions on some things I'm working on for a war/battle.

1. Your opinion on lives.

-In my opinion, lives are so that everyone will work together and try to work for the same goals. So we dont have a suicide dweeb just doing what he wants etc.

2. Would you rather see a 1 battle night or 4 frames of different battles.

Keep your eyes out for a new one coming soon.

:salute
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Need your opinion.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:04:46 AM »
 :aok  Upcoming battles!  :rock

1.  I am not a fan of limited lives. My connection frequently disconnects, at least 2 to 3 times an hour.  I have taken up guns or PT boats in the past when my life limit was over. :o  Neither, really held my attention for more than 15 minutes, even shorter if there is very little to shoot at.  End result, I went to another arena.

One alternative could be squad registration, or some other kind of pre-registration and assignment to commanders and squad channelAnyone participating must tune to one of these channels or be asked to leave the event.

2.  I love the idea of 1 night battles!  :rock The frames would be okay, if there were no real penalty for losing a frame.  Say a frame is lost, and the outcome of win or loose is the choice of the upcoming battleground with no advantage to either side.  No best 3 out of 4 either.  In other words, Axis could win in Tunisia, and Allies could win in Sarconia (two separate frames).

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:45:00 AM »
Most of the charm of the AvA is the generally relaxed environment (rulewise).  I say unlimited lives.

One epic battle sounds very appealing.
P-47 pilot

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »
One alternative could be squad registration, or some other kind of pre-registration and assignment to commanders and squad channelAnyone participating must tune to one of these channels or be asked to leave the event.
After a quick conversation I learned that the above alternative for restricted lives, is not available to the AvA.  :confused: 

I am a little confused.  It seems that last night, cross country chat was available on a set channel.  What is not available?  The ability to pre-register squads, I could see that.  I could see not having someone available to enforce the "must be in uniform" (on squad channel highlight) fly rule. 

What confuses me, is that last night Fudgums, and a few other players were working together on channel to politely reprimand a nuisance player.  His attempts to annoy others were repeatedly thwarted (mainly by Fudgums in a manned gun).  :salute If we can work collectively in this matter to "enforce" arena guidelines in an impromptu situation, why would it be less desirable in an organized event, especially one that is attempting to bring cooperative efforts (teamwork)? 

1- As a last ditch alternative (to life limits), Only open runways at certain times, as in some Special Events.  I have no idea if CMs have any kind of command to do this automatically or not.  This forces down pilots to wait until the next window opens (runways available), but more importantly, forces them to up together.  :noid

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »
Like every 30-45 minutes?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 12:24:05 PM »
Don't limit lives.  Instead, count aircraft destroyed for scoring, not just ground targets.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 12:28:52 PM »
I was thinking more like 15 to 20 mins. considering fuel, I usually lift with somewhere between 17 to 25 mins of fuel.  An early fuel leak could put you on the ground quickly.  Just guestimating that battles will occur rather quickly, looking at the close proximities of the fields.