Author Topic: Tank Gunnery Practice Terrain  (Read 2384 times)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Re: Tank Gunnery Practice Terrain
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2009, 09:32:47 AM »
Flatiron & Belial, the terrain is called TankRang, not Tunisia.  Make sure you load the right one.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 10:06:49 AM »
I see said the blind man, thanks

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 11:58:56 AM »
Ranger Tankrang isnt one of the options....my question was how do i unzip with vista, i click extract files/program files/HTC/Aces High 2/AHterr/and then it says thr following 2 errors have occured in some computer code.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2009, 12:04:08 PM »
Could someone with Vista help him out please?
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »
I got Vista, what I did was download winrar.com which gives you like 30 days free trial. I just could not get the vista unzipper to work.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 12:38:26 PM »
Yet again i have downloaded winrar lol....its coming up as an error when i try to extract...

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 01:09:39 PM »
Mine is working. I am fiddling with the arena settings to get the correct hits per kill. Not having much luck. I get a big explosion then the tank is still there.  Either, the tank is blowing up and respawning fast, or  it is not blowing up at all. I havent got that spark fromm a hit..  Where is the (repsawn time) settings in the arena settings?  Ps.. What is the correct setting for object hardness? In this case field guns.. Tuk151 :aok
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 01:25:47 PM by TUK »
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 01:20:04 PM »
Yet again i have downloaded winrar lol....its coming up as an error when i try to extract...

Try unzipping to another folder first or its possible you got a bad download and need to try again.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 01:41:47 PM »
Mr Ranger would you please post this in the Axis general when you get a chance?   :)
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 01:50:07 PM »
You know BearKats, he gave this to everyone in the general forum, Allied and Axis alike.  Do you think he's a peacenik?  Conscientious Objecter? A traitor to Der Fuerher?  Maybe you should have the Gestapo visit him for a little talk.    :rofl
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 01:58:55 PM »
I finally got it to work, what i had to do was create a new folder, for some reason AH folders do not agree with vista....but like someone else said the tanks just make a big boom when you hit them lol still cool though.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 02:09:18 PM »
yes i downloaded and placed into AH folder and selected tnsunia offline but there is no north spawn? How EXacTly do you UnZip a file?

To use the terrain, unzip it, and put the resulting .res file (such as "brooke1.res" or whatever) into your "C:\Program Files\HTC\Aces High II\ahiiterr" folder. Then, start up Aces High, click on "Choose Terrain", pick whatever the name of the .res file was (such as "brooke1"), then choose "Offline Practice".

To unzip in Windows, all you have to do is double click on the .zip folder to open it.  Then you can drag the file inside to whatever other location you choose, just like using any folder.  You don't need to install WinRAR or any other tool for zip files.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »
If you really want to help players get better at ranging, give them a terrain with various vehicles at specific distances, in facing and side aspects, so that players can learn what range a target is at just by comparing the silhouette size against the tank sight hash marks.

The terrain has different vehicles at different facing and aspects: the only thing that's missing is a specific distance, but, honestly, I think you don't really need it, what you have to do is just to learn how a given apparent size of the target relates to the tank sight marks.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »
Yep, but that'd be as fool-proof as you could make it, which is usually the best way to design anything freely distributed to general public :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2009, 04:54:06 PM »
Hope we see more of these. Thanks!  :salute
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)