Author Topic: WANTED - Spit Drivers  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
WANTED - Spit Drivers
« on: March 15, 2009, 10:29:48 PM »

Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Re: WANTED - Spit Drivers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 11:11:23 PM »
 :noid
spitfire wings are great addition to my wall.  :D

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:55:13 PM »
The picture second down on the right side is a Spitfire Mk XIV.  Top left appears to be a PR Spit, note the different chin for greater oil capacity.

Also, the Spitfire data on the right column is for a Spitfire Mk XIV.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:12:22 AM »
 :furious  These Special Events are always when I am off to work.  :mad:  It's a conspiracy.   Great poster.  :aok

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 04:17:13 AM »
The picture second down on the right side is a Spitfire Mk XIV.  Top left appears to be a PR Spit, note the different chin for greater oil capacity.

Also, the Spitfire data on the right column is for a Spitfire Mk XIV.

I knew some yahoo would get technical on me.  You'll also notice some are not from the correct time period or in the right colors for Tunisia.  I had to get enough pics, of the right composition and clarity, so I wasn't too picky.  It's still a spit.  Get over it.   :D
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline BarryBD

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 05:41:01 AM »
I would like to fly the spitfire, but there were no more slots open, so I registered for the Hurri...

I'd like to be reassigned if possible :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 06:36:51 AM »
I knew some yahoo would get technical on me.  You'll also notice some are not from the correct time period or in the right colors for Tunisia.  I had to get enough pics, of the right composition and clarity, so I wasn't too picky.  It's still a spit.  Get over it.   :D

Agree.   Lemme see if I can commit to this Sloe.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 06:58:36 AM »
Hey were we just talking about JE-J in our Mess Hall. That was the plane modified to carry beer kegs shortly after D-day. What a delivery service!

Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 07:22:17 AM »
LOL, Qrsu good picture.  :aok  Where do you put the hookers now?  :O

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 08:18:03 AM »
I wanted to fly the spitfire but due to problems getting registered all slots were filled when I was finally able to register; so I registered for the P40e, which was the only fighter available, and which I have never flown.  If possible, I would like a transfer to a spitfire squad.   :salute

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 11:46:43 AM »
FYI to everyone.  Remember that when you register you are selecting a preference only.  Nothing is set in stone, though the C.O.'s try very are to get everyone into what they want.  You can request a transfer when you get access (after registering) to the Allied Tunisia forum.

Further, go ahead and register for a ride you might not want as much so as to fill all available slots.  If this happens and there are more people wanting to play, the powers-that-be often increase the number of squadrons and rides to accomodate, so you may get your preferred ride that way.  No guarantee, but it does happen.

And still further, if you show your face for another scenario after this one, and you didn't get the C.O. killed in battle or something like that, you'll know how scenarios play out and might get a better chance at your preferred ride next time.  Actually, you'll probably know to register earlier by then.   :aok
Jagdgeschwader 77

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 01:10:52 PM »
I thought spitfires flew and required pilots?
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »
Hahaha!  This 109 dweeb has a coveted Spitfire IX slot. :t
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »
ugh no skill dw33bs
Zoozoo
Jokers Jokers
zoozoo fighter ace issue one:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,240022.0.html

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »
Hey were we just talking about JE-J in our Mess Hall. That was the plane modified to carry beer kegs shortly after D-day. What a delivery service!

(Image removed from quote.)

Thats JE-J jr , look closely at the pic.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory