Author Topic: We all won the lottery  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: We all won the lottery
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 12:55:00 AM »
Wow I got a See Rule 14 and dont even know what was bad there. Anyway you could tell me what it was?

See what Moray and I said.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 01:22:51 AM »
What about that one weird kid who won't leave you alone that you wanna punch in the face?

Did he get lucky? Or just annoy the other sperm till they died?  :noid
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
IS it sexist to think like this? Or should we be giving more credit to the egg? Maybe eggs have strong bouncers on the door that only let the right sperm win.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 10:22:42 AM »
IS it sexist to think like this? Or should we be giving more credit to the egg? Maybe eggs have strong bouncers on the door that only let the right sperm win.

Please deposit the above questions into the "Never-to-be solved" Mysteries of the Universe Folder..THEN take a nap before you explode.  ;)
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 11:02:08 AM »

Since skuzzy isn't locking this thread...

The female side of the selection process is supposed to have taken place before copulation occurs. ;)

As for competitive, selfish, ruthless sperm... I think that's a bit of an anthropomorphization, but in general, yes, the animal kingdom works on the principle of one organism exploiting another.  What makes the ecosystem hold up is that no one species becomes too dominant.

What confuses me about all of the evolutionary biologists who are looking for the "altruism gene," or something like that, is that altruism being considered a virtue is a modern phenomena.  If you could talk to a man from the ancient world, and explain to him that a "good" man is self-sacrificing, he would think you were mad.  Ancient civilization arose from the principle of the strong dominating the weak...whether it could have arose in a different way is irrelevant.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Dan216TH

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
See Rule #14
READ ALL THE WORDS ABOVE

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »
Please deposit the above questions into the "Never-to-be solved" Mysteries of the Universe Folder..THEN take a nap before you explode.  ;)

*yawn* rubs eyes

thanks for the advice, naps are good :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 12:41:15 PM »
Can I have some lucky numbers since we are talking about the lottery?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 01:36:39 AM »
 Hmm..cant even remember what I said.

~AoM~