Author Topic: HOing whinners  (Read 3791 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: HOing whinners
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 10:19:00 AM »
            I guess we should ban picking those on the runway and let the get some Alt before engaging. That would be fairer than the zoom and pick. (I'm sure you've never done that) I will take a head on shot if available but avoid the Collision. Those that try to avoid are usally on the losing end of the Ho. Go to the DA for a nice fair fight with those of like mind and enjoy. I won't stop you but will not play this game by rules set by you.

You misread or misunderstood my post evidently. I said GOOD fight. If I want a GOOD fight and see you I will keep looking as you yourself admitted you have to vulch and ho. That is a sign of someone giving up on maneuvering. Pretty much anyone, any age, can point their nose at another plane coming head on and pull the trigger.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »
  To some it is a dogfighing game and shuffler flies fighters exclusively. To others it's a War game and enjoy all the aspects of it. You can find good dogfights if you want to and can avoid the ho planes with your dogfightiing skills. Complaining about something that won't change is futile. I never heard of a Bomber Pilot in WWII yell at the luftwaffe "Hey you can't Ho me!" as a 190 rammed them.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 10:26:29 AM »
Maybe we should put headlights in the wishlist.  We can flash them at each other to telegraph our intent of HOing or not.

After that, we can have horns installed (loud ones of course) so we can honk them when we get behind the tard who was not paying attention when he got shot down.  Then they cant complain about being picked, either.    Just a few short blasts on the horn to say "Hi", then we will be allowed to shoot, but not before we make the con aware of our presence.  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »
Those that try to avoid are usually on the losing end of the Ho.
You could not be more wrong.  Let's set up a 1vs1 fight with a hot merge.  You can try for the head-on shot and I will avoid.  I predict that I will win the merge every time.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:03 AM »
You could not be more wrong.  Let's set up a 1vs1 fight with a hot merge.  You can try for the head-on shot and I will avoid.  I predict that I will win the merge every time.

What I meant was when you see someone is on a collision course and you attempt to avoid you will usally see "X has collided with you" and you will recieve the damage not the one who collided.

Offline 1DOM1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 10:43:47 AM »
Going head on is one thing what gets me are the guys that dont even fire a shot! Too bad that cant be penalized. I fly bombers mostly and its amazing how many guys get oiled then just ram into the back of the plane. Shame on them. 1DOM1

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 10:44:55 AM »
Maybe we should put headlights in the wishlist.  We can flash them at each other to telegraph our intent of HOing or not.

After that, we can have horns installed (loud ones of course) so we can honk them when we get behind the tard who was not paying attention when he got shot down.  Then they cant complain about being picked, either.    Just a few short blasts on the horn to say "Hi", then we will be allowed to shoot, but not before we make the con aware of our presence.  :aok

A good friend of mine in AW use to do something like that. He had a macro.... when macros were  :cool: ... that went "Check Six, It's TRIX !!"  :rofl

To some it is a dogfighing game and shuffler flies fighters exclusively. To others it's a War game and enjoy all the aspects of it. You can find good dogfights if you want to and can avoid the ho planes with your dogfightiing skills. Complaining about something that won't change is futile. I never heard of a Bomber Pilot in WWII yell at the luftwaffe "Hey you can't Ho me!" as a 190 rammed them.

Slate, its lame attitudes like this that are killing the game play in the main arenas. There is nothing wrong with base capture, GVing, porking, fighting, or any of the other many ways to play the game. Its those that have to smudge the rules to get by that are spoiling it. The reason people HO is because they don't know how to fight, plain and simple. The reason people spawn camp is because they can't find any GVs in the woods, the reason people vulch is they don't know how to fight and all they have to do is not bounce their plane off the ground.

If people played the game with in the rules "INTENT" the game would be more challenging, and much more fun. People would be so occupied with playing the game nobody would looking for new planes, new GVs, more eye candy. The game use to be that intense, and that much fun. Today people get bored with HOing, vulching, and spawn camping so much they are looking for more to do, or play with, so we get the "complaints".

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 10:46:45 AM »

I have a problem where after multiple turns, I wind up facing the con at 1k or closer with both of us low and slow. I always try to avoid the HO and always get hit.
What can you do in this situation?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 10:54:59 AM »
I have a problem where after multiple turns, I wind up facing the con at 1k or closer with both of us low and slow. I always try to avoid the HO and always get hit.

Taters  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 10:56:51 AM »
I can try to give the benefit of the doubt, but there is a linguistic constraint that prevents

Those that try to avoid are usally on the losing end of the Ho.

from meaning

when you see someone is on a collision course and you attempt to avoid you will usally see "X has collided with you" and you will recieve the damage not the one who collided.

You may as well have said "By 'hot' I meant 'cold.'"
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009, 11:09:22 AM »

:rofl  :rofl  The lights might look like the sun ahhhhhhh I'm blind
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009, 11:44:32 AM »
  Aces high started as truely a dogfighting Game hence the name. But the days of engaging one or two enemies in a true dogfight where you also knew all the names is gone. If HTC loses some of the old players thier bank account still swells with the new players and the last thing they will do is to limit the new players chance at the taste of a kill. Like it or not we must play the hand we are dealt. It's not the game play it's the people you don't like.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
  Aces high started as truely a dogfighting Game hence the name. But the days of engaging one or two enemies in a true dogfight where you also knew all the names is gone. If HTC loses some of the old players thier bank account still swells with the new players and the last thing they will do is to limit the new players chance at the taste of a kill. Like it or not we must play the hand we are dealt. It's not the game play it's the people you don't like.

No it's the game play. Some have no dignity. Like it or not.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 12:41:13 PM »

Many times, I will shoot beside the windshield of a plane I'm sneaking up on, just to get a little fight out of them! :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »
When you see this coming, and you should see it coming just a few moments ahead of time, tehn manuver to dodge and gain an advantage....it is a very winnable situation, because you know where the fella is going to be. :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"