Author Topic: AKAK Stick Scaling?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
Re: AKAK Stick Scaling?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 09:24:13 PM »
Just for comparison-

I'll post mine here, since I'm one of those who doesn't like the more "normal" scaling.  I like mine all lined up right across the top.  I didn't like having mine scaled on a "slope", as it made my stick feel sluggis, mushy, etc.

I do fly with very controlled, small, smooth, stick movements though.  When I had mine scaled I felt like I was teaching myself to over-control. 

I switched to this set-up with my original stick (can't remember the brand/model) and found it also worked well when I switched to the Saitek Cyborg EVO, and has worked well for the last few years with my Saitek X52.

I won't say that one way works better than another, just that this works best for me.

MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 12:20:55 AM »
Gratitude to ALL of you who submitted ur stickscales, I sincerely appreciate ur assistance   :aok
                                                             :salute
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline Jebus

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »
Since it was mentioned, here's mine.
(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks Murdr

I just got rudder pedals and could not hit anything with them.  Felt to jumpy, but with the scaling you should help a bunch.

thanks <S>

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 02:22:25 AM »
I use default.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »
Mine is close to mtnman's.

BUT I start 0 @ an inch down, and scale up so 40 is all way up.

I felt it was a bit "touchy" when all were all the way, and the nose bounce was fairly pronounced.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 10:01:58 AM »
been flyin like this for years,
could be why i am no good  :rofl

Flying since tour 71.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 01:52:50 PM »
Everyone's is different . I first learned about scaling many years ago and found that depending on what stick your using some worked better than others.

AckAck's is a great starting point for CH sticks thats for sure. I talked many of the A8's into changing theres back in 07. Not everyone used ch products but the configuration did help the majority of them and kills increased rapidly from that point on.

Turn off the STALL LIMITER!!! Those training wheels will hamper your success in AH. It is meant for the new guy so he can get a handle on the game a little quicker. You can not compete with the majority of players if you have it on.

Here's mine.

CH Combatstick USB
X Axis
AXIS,ROLL,0,1
AXIS,ROLL,0,1
NOTUSED,NOTUSED,0,0
NOTUSED,NOTUSED,0,0
Y Axis
AXIS,PITCH,0,1
AXIS,PITCH,0,1
NOTUSED,NOTUSED,0,0
NOTUSED,NOTUSED,0,0
Z Axis

Enabled Stall Limiter - This option helps prevent you from stalling by limiting the motion of your controls, particularly your rudder and elevators, to ranges that will not cause a stall. It also prevents you from flying your plane to the limits of its performance envelope. Learn to fly without it!

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 05:01:02 PM »
Just for comparison-

I'll post mine here, since I'm one of those who doesn't like the more "normal" scaling.  I like mine all lined up right across the top.  I didn't like having mine scaled on a "slope", as it made my stick feel sluggis, mushy, etc.

I do fly with very controlled, small, smooth, stick movements though.  When I had mine scaled I felt like I was teaching myself to over-control. 

I switched to this set-up with my original stick (can't remember the brand/model) and found it also worked well when I switched to the Saitek Cyborg EVO, and has worked well for the last few years with my Saitek X52.

I won't say that one way works better than another, just that this works best for me.

I do the same thing.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »
Just for comparison-

the same with my X52 setup with ch pro peds except the dead band and damping are all the way down
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 10:17:47 PM »
1. Is there a difference between scaling the stick with all the sliders all the way up, and just turning off the scaling?

2. Am I missing the purpose of dampening? What does a small delay  between input and control deflection do for you?

Just for comparison-

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 01:34:53 AM »
1. Is there a difference between scaling the stick with all the sliders all the way up, and just turning off the scaling?

2. Am I missing the purpose of dampening? What does a small delay  between input and control deflection do for you?

I believe without having scaling on you can not move the dead band and damping sliders.

Moving all your sliders up and only working with the dead band and damping kinda makes sense....especially if you use CH products since they have a separate program that you can use to set your stick up just right.

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 02:50:59 PM »
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline _vic_

• Copper Member
      • imagitronics.org
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »
You know, I broke down and tried the AKAK stick scaling last night - but I think I'm just too ham-fisted. I normally fly with no scaling on yaw or roll, and a linear scale on pitch... I know, I'm weird. I tried the AKAK scale in offline practice and I kept stalling in all but the simplest of maneuvers. I need to figure out something though, as I am finding that I do a little bit of nose bouncing when I get saddled up 200ft behind an enemy. There's nothing more frustrating than a good merge on a bandit 200ft on his six and then yawing or pitching the fire right over/next to him.