Author Topic: Speakers  (Read 712 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Speakers
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
Wasn't there an old female US comedian who supposedly picked up vibrations in her teeeth from an underground japanese spy transmitting during WW2?  :rofl :D I think mythbusters tried this out...but I dont really remember.

Gilligan's mouth turned into a radio in one episode. He could get every station by turning his head. The Professor tried to turn him into a transceiver using only bamboo, coconuts and all the spare electronic parts he happened to bring along for the three hour tour.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:03 PM »
Nevermind. Misread initial post
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:54:13 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 08:36:16 AM »
Mostly.  The cables have to go along a wall behind my desk to the Subwoofer, most of them have about 80% or more of the cable wrapped up back there.
It seems the popping trigger has gotten less sensitive since the move though.

Seems like the wall has some electrical cables running through it, or perhaps there's a breaker nearby. Perhaps moving the cables away from the wall will help? However since the problem is not as persistent, or annoying, you might just be happy leaving it where it is.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
Sometimes when I'm flying between fights I can faintly here an A.M. band radio station playing behind the sound of my planes motor through my head set. None of you ever wire up a AM radio receiver in grade school science class. The wires, mic and speakers in your sound systems are all AM recivers. I'm surprised some of you havent been telling us stories about the faint voices you hear behind your engine sounds in the game. It's possible to get bleed from cordless phone sets. But then whos gonna admit they've been hearing voices ever since Aces High became and addiction and drove them insane.......... :rolleyes:

I used to hear it too behind the engine sounds, was driving me crazy and had me cussing TwinBoom.  Thought he recorded his sound pack with the TV going on in the backround and it recorded the stray noise.  I stopped hearing it when I made my own engine sound, so I figured it was just a recording error.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »
I'm using the stock Aces HighII sounds...........  Skuzzy can I get an official Aces HighII "TINFOIL HAT"?   :devil
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.