Author Topic: Hey HTC.....how about a bone?  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Hey HTC.....how about a bone?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
If you are looking for something new, there is a new scenario coming up this weekend.  All are welcome to come check it out!  :aok

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »
This is the only game I've ever heard of, or at least that I've paid for...that gets away with not putting out monthly updates of some sort.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 07:39:00 PM »
Its ok sincraft...its ok
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 07:42:49 PM »
He has a valid question.  The two week fun aside...

It has been many months since an update with new planes, when can we expect some new planes HTC?

Thanks,

Slade  :salute
  I'de be happy with some new terrain! But a new plane would be peachy keen... ;)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 07:45:16 PM by crazyivan »
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline crazierthanu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »
HTC's 10 year anniversary is coming up... April 10th I think HT said...
:noid

wow April tenth? Thats my birthday, kind funny.
80th FS "Headhunters"
EhFex in-game.
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »
I really don't recall anyone at HTC making any promises of new planes, or an update schedule.  As a monthly subscriber, I do not really see the point of making "demands" for new content.

The "bones" are any new content that is developed when it is developed.  New content is appreciated and enjoyed, by most.  It's not a requirement to keep me subscribed.

Aren't we a bunch of spoiled children?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 07:59:06 PM »
I really don't recall anyone at HTC making any promises of new planes, or an update schedule.  As a monthly subscriber, I do not really see the point of making "demands" for new content.

The "bones" are any new content that is developed when it is developed.  New content is appreciated and enjoyed, by most.  It's not a requirement to keep me subscribed.

Aren't we a bunch of spoiled children?

wrongway

I more than 90% agree with you, but I too feel at least a monthly "update" of some sort would be nice, be it a development blog, or a new screenshot.. pretty much anything..  just to keep the saliva dripping.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 08:02:34 PM »
April 12th would be neat.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »
I more than 90% agree with you, but I too feel at least a monthly "update" of some sort would be nice, be it a development blog, or a new screenshot.. pretty much anything..  just to keep the saliva dripping.

I agree with you.   :aok  It would be nice.  But I don't feel it is a requirement nor do I feel in any way entitled to an update to stay a subscriber.  I know what I'm paying for.

I'm just a bit put off by those who feel they are "owed" something.  Some sort of entitlement that was never inferred nor promised, just assumed.

Gimme, gimme, gimme.  Now, now, now is just the wrong attitude to have, I think.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 10:08:19 PM »
Yea, the "im paying $15 to know" line of thinking is getting old..

$15 bucks gets you in the arenas, not in the cubicals..

but the more I think of it,  how cool would it be if every month HT, Pyro.. or anyone from the team posted a little.. just a paragraph or so nothing crazy, nothing that would take more than 15 minutes of time .. post/blog/whatever about progress towards the next update, or even about their thoughs about where the game is going in general....  would make for good reading and discussion.  Most people are going to keep playing regardless of weather the update is next week aor next quarter..  but its never a bad thing to get a little snippet here and there just to keep the interest peaked.

And besides, it would give us something to talk about besides what is or is not a HO, and who is the worst squeaker.

Offline BuckP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 01:38:51 AM »
     Having a periodic update on the forums would be a nice treat, attaching us Plebians to the Patricians.  Now that the combat tour is dead there must be ideas the Brass are kicking around regarding the MA's.  While we did get a peek at some terrain, there was nothing more since.  Word on the street seems to be that the people are interested in some updates, if only info towards the next idea that is hatching.  I would bet that a post from AH staff about this said topic would see a huge number of views, creating a vortex of sub-posts and spin-off writings.  This is a great game, why not add the cherry on top...

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 01:51:23 AM »
Speaking of cherries (sorry, couldn't resist), have you guys who are asking for these things ever tried flying in a scenario?

I find that (despite my feeble attempts at promotion) a lot of people in Aces High don't know about them, and a majority of Aces High pilots have never tried flying in one.  Yet scenarios are an additional and different realm to explore if you haven't done so yet.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 03:44:12 AM »
I'm so bored with this game. I wish HTC would allow us to have some sort of large scaled player made event to make things fun again. Maybe even allow us use of a private arena or something...man wouldn't that be cool. *sighs* I can dream can't I?
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 03:59:04 AM »
I'm so bored with this game. I wish HTC would allow us to have some sort of large scaled player made event to make things fun again. Maybe even allow us use of a private arena or something...man wouldn't that be cool. *sighs* I can dream can't I?
Have you been reading Brookes posts?
Speaking of cherries (sorry, couldn't resist), have you guys who are asking for these things ever tried flying in a scenario?

I find that (despite my feeble attempts at promotion) a lot of people in Aces High don't know about them, and a majority of Aces High pilots have never tried flying in one.  Yet scenarios are an additional and different realm to explore if you haven't done so yet.
I mean honestly hes spamming this board worse then ME ROFL, I really hope your post was sarcastic Beefcake
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 04:05:47 AM »
If you got paid for worthless posts, you'd be a millionaire.
This isnt a worthless post :huh
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"