Author Topic: gone for awhile  (Read 744 times)

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
Re: gone for awhile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 02:31:08 AM »
well I had an attempt at a bypass this morning and it didnt work.He was able to open a couple in the foot but couldnt find anything to tie into.I gotta see an ortho surgean an see what happens now.Looks like the amputation is the next step.I havent been following it as I should have and it has gone too far.And the bypass I had done 4 yrs ago is starting to fail.Thanks for the prayers and support guys
been there destroyed that

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 03:04:39 AM »
Keep your chin up Skull :salute still praying brother :pray
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 01:26:46 PM »
just talked to my ortho surgeon-gonna let my replacement knee heal some more before she does the other.Man this has been a rough year.At least I aint gotta worry about getting the other replacement surgery done now

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 05:50:37 AM »
You come through the surgery okay?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »
yeah an no-leg is not saveable-he did try abn fix some in the foot but leg gotta go.Probably in a couple of months unless gangrene starts up.Need to have my replacement knee heal better to support my weight

Offline Tr1gg22

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 03:34:16 PM »
good luck and  :salute
"CO" of the Wobblin Gobblins...

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »
yeah an no-leg is not saveable-he did try abn fix some in the foot but leg gotta go.Probably in a couple of months unless gangrene starts up.Need to have my replacement knee heal better to support my weight

Well Gangrene is no good at all. Had a gangrene gallbladder.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  :salute

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »

I certainly hope that in the meantime you seek second opinions.
Dont just lay down and take it.
Might as well. At worst you end up with the same result.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 05:45:46 PM »
I certainly hope that in the meantime you seek second opinions.
Dont just lay down and take it.
Might as well. At worst you end up with the same result.

I agree.... 

Skull, you must've put your body through some extremes in your day!   :salute

If this ever happens to me, I wish I will be able to take it half as good as you do.... :rock
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline skullman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 09:32:40 PM »
yea I got second opinion-my cardiologist called today an said he cant help an to see my ortho an continue my meds.And I see my primary next week.Anodizer I aint takin it real well I made an appointment to see a mental health counselor mon.With all that is happening I could use a lil help.I have found out how many friends I have an it is a big help tryin to keep my head on straight.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 02:27:55 AM »
yea I got second opinion-my cardiologist called today an said he cant help an to see my ortho an continue my meds.And I see my primary next week.Anodizer I aint takin it real well I made an appointment to see a mental health counselor mon.With all that is happening I could use a lil help.I have found out how many friends I have an it is a big help tryin to keep my head on straight.

That's a great idea! I had a wingman lose a leg several years back because of an infection. He had a difficult time with it. So to get some insight, understanding, or just to talk will definitely go a long ways. I wish I knew his cpid these days or if he is still playing. You could talk to him.

You may want to talk to the Doctor to see if there are any support groups.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 07:33:03 AM »

Second opinion from an entirely different set of doctors? (including and especially the surgeon)
Speaking from recent experiences we had with my now late mother in laws doctors.
Often if doctors have a relationship with one another. They are somewhat hessitant to go against one another regardless of prognosis.

Had they gone with the lone (strictly by chance) thoughts of another doctor. My mother in laws bladder cancer would have been both diagnosed and treated a full year earlier then it was. One doctor thinking outside the box made a notation on her charts that it was possible that it could be what it was. Nobody else followed up. A year later. They finally get it right. End up gutting her like a fish. But too late. 6 months and several MRSA infections from the hospital later (this past November)we're planting her in the ground.

Dont trust your doctors completely. DEFINATELY dont trust hospital staff completely.

Given the circumstances. Its time to start thinking outside the box.
Because if you dont, all that happens is you remain boxed in.

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty