Author Topic: So I upped the 262 for the first time in the MA  (Read 1142 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: So I upped the 262 for the first time in the MA
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 12:06:04 PM »
You guys gotta think even more outside the box.

I rarely use a 262 for serious dogfighting.
As has been pointed out. You can hold up and drive low and into a panic alot of aircraft.
Makes a great way to get from point A to point B for goon hunting.

But there is other things that can be done with it if your willing to take the risk with the perks.
and since I seem to be one of the few that do it.
I think I'll keep it a secret LOL

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 01:09:27 AM »
Seems like only yesterday you had your first kill against a 262 . . .  :cool:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wdmhjm1jm5m

LOL Target was thinking the same thing.  During Infowars probation was his first ever encounter with a 262.  Shot it down with a p-51 while on mission.  :aok

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline Zeagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 07:14:27 AM »
The 262 is my ride of choice and I will gladly fly with anyone who wants to wing up in the 262.

My first sortie in the turbo resulted in my finding some lone AR-234 at 20k, giving chase, and promptly becoming an artificial reef (the phrase "pardon me while I play through" comes to mind). It was a short but exciting flight. After that I got better  :cool:

In the hands of an experienced pilot, it is almost unbeatable. But it is not for the "instant action" crowd. Often you have to takeoff behind the lines, fly out behind the forward edge of battle, then look hard for targets. You can also dogfight or stall fight quite well in the Schwalbe. It even makes a pretty good ground attack bird believe it or not. Sometimes you come home with alot of kills, other times it's hard to find a bandit before you get low on the magic juice.  Also, I have stretched my range by using the historically accurate method of shutting down one engine in cruise for fuel economy. I really like the new visual model. There are some items that could be adjusted as far as flight modelling goes, but overall I love the 262.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:17:00 AM by Zeagle »
-Zeagle-
"Black 1"

FW-ISS Bremen

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 09:34:57 AM »
  Also, I have stretched my range by using the historically accurate method of shutting down one engine in cruise for fuel economy.

Could you provide me with any reference for that?
The Jumo 004 jet engines were quite unreliable, and restarting them wasn't a task guaranteed to succeed. And I can't think any 262 pilot was eager to getting caught with only one running engine, a thing that could happen to him every moment in late 44 / early 45.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 09:46:49 AM »
Would have been a hell of a ride had the germies installed Six Browning M2s.......

Those subsonic 30mm potatoes have the ballistic properties of tennis balls.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 10:02:20 AM »
Could you provide me with any reference for that?
The Jumo 004 jet engines were quite unreliable, and restarting them wasn't a task guaranteed to succeed. And I can't think any 262 pilot was eager to getting caught with only one running engine, a thing that could happen to him every moment in late 44 / early 45.

Agreed. In real-life, I wouldn't want to relight one of those things without at least four guys with fire extinguishers standing by. :D
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »
I take the hair dryer out every now and then.  It is a lot of fun. 

Had a first a couple of nights ago.  I killed a 262 with the main gun in my panzer.  Shoulda went out and bought lottery tickets that night.

S1n1ster
in game call sign: S1n1ster