Author Topic: B-26 and crew  (Read 682 times)

Offline Forker

• Copper Member
B-26 and crew
« on: March 31, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »
I love the guy getting the last drag off the cigarette

Lord, help me to be the kind of man my dog thinks I am.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: B-26 and crew
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 07:54:18 PM »
I use two 22" wide screen dual monitors at work and had this up for a while as my background.  I finally became tired of people constantly stopping and telling me how cool the image was and went with a Roger Dean background instead.  Now they leave me alone  :rolleyes:

Love that photo!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Casca

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:06:03 PM »
Great photo Forker.
I'm Casca and I approved this message.

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 05:14:40 AM »
Great picture, thanks for sharing!
Now we wait for someone to post the picture of the guy flashing his rear in there :D

EDIT: It sounds like a bad idea to be smoking in a military aircraft packed with bombs, bullets and fuel  :huh
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:16:24 AM by frank3 »

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 11:36:45 AM »
Looks like me just before starting a bomb run in AH, except it's a Romeo y Julieta instead of a cigarette, my computer desk doesn't look much like the nose of a bomber, and I'm older and fatter than that guy.  :lol

EDIT: It sounds like a bad idea to be smoking in a military aircraft packed with bombs, bullets and fuel  :huh

Shouldn't be a problem except during refueling. Bombs and bullets are fine, and if there's fuel vapor in the crew compartment the plane has worse problems than someone smoking!  :eek:

I read a book on Paul Tibbets a few years back and the author, making a point about how utterly unemotional Tibbets was about his work, told how Tibbets mentioned sitting directly over the bomb smoking his pipe while they were preparing it for takeoff. The author asked him if that didn't make him just a little nervous no matter how safe he rationally knew it to be, and Tibbets just didn't understand the question.

I'd get a bit of the heebie-jeebies just sitting on top of a nuclear weapon, let alone smoking there. I guess you get used to it.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 12:15:22 PM »
Be kinda cool to have that glass nose hangin off the side of my house!

With a fake gun pokin out the front like that.

Betcha it would help keep the neighborhood kids outta my yard!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
I'd get a bit of the heebie-jeebies just sitting on top of a nuclear weapon, let alone smoking there. I guess you get used to it.
If it went off, trust me, you wouldn't feel a thing. Besides, unless your talking about Little Boy, it's practically impossible to get an implosion device to go off accidentally. But then again, igniting just one of the implosion lenses would still scatter you all over the place. :uhoh

Me, I'd worry more about radiation leakage and the ol' nads. :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:24:26 PM by Cthulhu »
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 01:51:20 PM »
1st rate photo. :aok I always found the B-26 to be photogenic. Its just a lethal looking bird.

Enjoy the sight http://www.b26.com/
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:54:13 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"