Author Topic: Afternoon AAR April 17th  (Read 202 times)

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
Afternoon AAR April 17th
« on: April 17, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »
First day back to AH2.

Hurricane IIC
Started the day in the cockpit of my old favorite, the Hurricane IIC. Lifted out of airbase 185 and nosed south-east towards bishop-held 170. It was a slow patrol. I had a full tank of gas and when I arrived at 170, there were no enemies to be found. Cruised around for fifteen minutes as fellow Knights came in and bombed the town and de-acked.

Noticed a contact north headed towards a friendly carrier and moved to intercept. My slow old Hurricane took its time in getting there, and I ended up chasing B-25s all the way back to 185. They were shot apart by friendlies lifting out of 185. I landed and got out a 109-K4 for faster interception power and returned to 170.

bf-109
I did a patrol, but no enemy fighters wanted to play. I noticed another enemy contact near the carrier, and when I arrived a B-26 was fleeing the scene at wavetop level.

I followed at about 7k altitude until I was within 3,000 yards. Proceeded to lower my altitude, and cut across the rear of the B-26 at about 1,500 yards. The B-26 tail or roof gunner fired bursts but didn't make contact. I rolled onto my wing and cut back across the rear, keeping at 1,500 again. More machine gun fire followed, but again missed me.

I performed a wide barrel roll over the B-26, and chopped my engine speed, dropping below the B-26. I engaged WEP, lifted my nose and put rounds into its belly at 500> . Broke off the attack when I took shots to the wings. Climbed for altitude and made a diving attack, knocking off a wing. The B-26 spun in.

C.205
My next sortie I decided on a C.205. I lifted off from 185 and flew south-east to 170. I maintained an altitude of about 15k. I flew north-east from 170 and discovered a bf-110 and a Spit16 moving towards 170 about 6-8k below my altitude. I radio'd warning and followed them in, staying above. As the 110 neared the field, I cut my engine to idle and dove straight down on him. He must not have seen me, he made no attempts to avoid me as I dropped in behind him and put bursts into his wing from 800, 600 and 400. His wing fell off and he spun in.

Knowing the Spit16 was not far behind, I went verticle and performed an Immelman. He couldn't match my air speed and I was able to avoid his attempts to climb to me. He fell into a furball with the rest of the Knights and eventually died.

With no enemies in sight and almost a full tank of fuel, I cut engine power and circled 170 for about 15 minutes at 10k altitude. After a while, a Zero and Spit16 appeared. The Zero was harassing a friendly, so I sacrificed altitude to save my comrade and dove on him, using rudder to bleed excess speed. I made a slashing attack on the Zero and he broke away. Used my E to climb slightly and then jump on the Spitfire.

The Spitfire pilot was moving very slowly, and I only managed a few weak hits to his tail before I overshot. He went down a moment later from friendly gunfire, and I scored an assist.

The Zero was still alive so I turned slightly and persued. The Zero had no energy left due to weaving and turning, and it was no challenge to dump cannon rounds into him from 600 and 200>. His flaps were taken off, his nose came up, lost all air speed and did a tail dive into the trees.

I was running low on fuel and returned home.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Afternoon AAR April 17th
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 01:12:54 PM »
I knew you would be back :aok

sounds like you had a good time, keep at it.