Author Topic: how do you beat the luftberry?  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
Re: how do you beat the luftberry?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 01:36:49 PM »
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »
Greetings & Salutations One & All  :)

Although I'm not qualified to tell anyone How to beat a luftberry, I do have info as to HOW a WWII Ace & Luftwaffe pilot, Hans-Joachim Marseille, beat the Luftberry Circle many a time, included for ur pleasure & edification is the following:                       

Google" the info, searching for Hans-Joachim Marseille., or Joachim Marseille.

Learn from a real life expert fighter pilot.   :salute

Best info is on the wikipedia.org site

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:27:03 PM by HellFire »
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline HellFire

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2009, 02:33:07 AM »
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Joachim_Marseille

Star of Africa's way of beating the luftberry :)
"In life there is certain death, and between life and death
  there is a journey, hence in truth nothing is lost in death."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2009, 06:44:16 AM »
Caldera the stall limiter is like ABS or traction control in cars. You're better off without them.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »
Steve, look this frame from around 1:20ish. He is chasing the Spitty in a descending turn. He could have gained angles on the Spitty and some airspeed by banking to the left more in his pursuit. Pointing the canopy like the black arrow instead of the red arrow. This resembles a low yo-yo to me.

Too much throttle-chopping was already covered thank you very much sir,  :D and stating WHY that Spit eventually started winning the Luftberry strikes me as useful information to know, not over-complication. 

(Image removed from quote.)
I disagree here I would have gone with the red arrow maybe even bringing it straighter, he would open better shots up having a view of the top of his plane and easier angles<S>
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2009, 10:23:26 AM »
[quote author=Eagler link=topic=262028.msg3256292#msg3256292 date=1238791630

stall limiter is for rookies & retards - expect to lose the majority of your t&b's if you enable it

Excuse me, Your Snootiness. I was doing all right being a retard. Disabled the stall limiter and flew into the DA horde and stalled out or lost control on 30+ flights. (Tried the MA but it was either fight the green horde or hang out at 2k right off an enemy field and run out of gas because nobody ups.And there were only 6 people in the TA, so I didn't bother) I would out maneuver someone and instant loss of control. I actually think it turned better with the limiter on. Before disabling it, I never went into a wing rocking stall without any warning. No buzzer, just BAM - shudder and loss of control. I don't know how to even find the limit since there is no warning. This sucks.

LOL then you have something WAY out of whack - the stall buzzer should be going off like crazy way before you drop out of the sky.
Just trying to help you - stall limiter is for rookies - the sooner you  learn to fly without it, the better.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 10:32:02 AM »
imo
CT is for cruising around and b&z
manual trim is for t&b

stall limiter is for rookies & retards - expect to lose the majority of your t&b's if you enable it

Agree.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 07:18:17 PM »
After practising the displacment roll.( Look under how to beat flat turn.) It is amazing how you don't need to follow them down into a sustatined flat turn.

Ok here  are a few tips on how to get out once in.

Think.  Do I need a gun solution to kill them? NO.

1. You dont get out if your the fm2  you have to fight it out.  If i am losing the turn I extend and put my nose down  extending knowing in a few sec the spit will be on my six. At this point this is where you want them.  If they are close pull a flat turn of your own then start a barrel roll If he is good your dead anyway if not. He will either overshoot or if your are smooth in the barrel roll and you are close to the ground bring your barrel as close to the ground as you can. 9 time out of ten they will hit the ground as they try to get a gun solution. . Try for the auger kill. Part of my thinking when close to the ground in a turn and burn. Is to get as many auger kills as possible. Remember the ground never loses the fight.  The other night I got three of my 4 kills in one sortie by guys hitting the dirt behind me. The spit can have a nasty snap roll. Use it to there disadvantage.

If you have more alt go into a rolling scissors. It is a must. It is hard for a spit to stay with a you in the scissors.

2. If i have enough distance after nose down and extend pull hard flat turn and go nose to nose merge. play the angles from there.

3. One more if your are on there six in the turn pull over the top. You will be upside down as they are coming around the circle try to get the angle shot. if you have enough time roll upright. granted it is an angle shot and you will lose e to get the shot.

Hope this helps.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 09:10:43 PM »
After practising the displacment roll.( Look under how to beat flat turn.) It is amazing how you don't need to follow them down into a sustatined flat turn.

Ok here  are a few tips on how to get out once in.

Think.  Do I need a gun solution to kill them? NO.

1. You dont get out if your the fm2  you have to fight it out.  If i am losing the turn I extend and put my nose down  extending knowing in a few sec the spit will be on my six. At this point this is where you want them.  If they are close pull a flat turn of your own then start a barrel roll If he is good your dead anyway if not. He will either overshoot or if your are smooth in the barrel roll and you are close to the ground bring your barrel as close to the ground as you can. 9 time out of ten they will hit the ground as they try to get a gun solution. . Try for the auger kill. Part of my thinking when close to the ground in a turn and burn. Is to get as many auger kills as possible. Remember the ground never loses the fight.  The other night I got three of my 4 kills in one sortie by guys hitting the dirt behind me. The spit can have a nasty snap roll. Use it to there disadvantage.

If you have more alt go into a rolling scissors. It is a must. It is hard for a spit to stay with a you in the scissors.

2. If i have enough distance after nose down and extend pull hard flat turn and go nose to nose merge. play the angles from there.

3. One more if your are on there six in the turn pull over the top. You will be upside down as they are coming around the circle try to get the angle shot. if you have enough time roll upright. granted it is an angle shot and you will lose e to get the shot.

Hope this helps.

Good points. Thanks.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."