Author Topic: No CV = No LVT/PT  (Read 5095 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: No CV = No LVT/PT
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 07:39:04 PM »
you know how you can have all the ship destroyed and you still see the CV appear on the map and you can look around from the "tower". You can also spawn LVTs and PT boats like that (i believe)

This is absolutely correct.  If all the ships are sunk  LVT and PT's can still spawn whilst the ships Icon is there.

You did pose food for thought about being able to look out from a sunk Cv.   How about taking that out so's sunk fleets find it harder to steer to lunch the spawn an fire, rinse & repeat PT boats.  Just a trivial thought / side bar.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 07:42:09 PM »
Lynx the problem with dry spawn is the completely unrealistic instant teleportation of infinite amounts of troops onto the port. Especially out of place when the task group was integrally pounded into the sea.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 07:44:27 PM »
Lynx the problem with dry spawn is the completely unrealistic instant teleportation of infinite amounts of troops onto the port. Especially out of place when the task group was integrally pounded into the sea.

Your preaching to the quire mate....read back a few posts.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 07:55:17 PM »
Right, it read like you were saying it was fair game and nothing to worry about.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 08:25:32 PM »
I would like to preface this by saying I don't care one way or the other....   Don't want to get accused of anything.   :P

As one who cannot hit a troop to save a base, I see the frustration of dry spawned LVT's.  I have had the same frustration defending a base, mostly alone, and seeing five or six C-47s show up.

There are many issues at hand here, however.  In order to counter an offensive dry spawn, it needs to be dangerous for the cv group to be able to get that close in order for the LVTs to dry spawn.  Sink them before the town and VH go down.

VH down?  All it takes is an M-8 or two from an adjacent base to run into town to defend.  If their CV is down, the LVTs are essentially defenceless.  Hoard their hoard with IL-2s.  Do the gamey thing, everybody bail out over town and go commando.   :rock

A tactic I have seen lately for sneaking a base is to bring the cv group in close and blast everything with the big guns without launching any planes or vehicles until the last moment.  The problem seems to be an entire fleet "sneaking" up to a base.  I mean, a single NOE aircraft will get a base flashing because "a ground spotter" saw him fly by but no one sees an entire fleet?  No coast watchers?

Fix that.

And, always remember, you are not just asking for something to be removed from your enemy's repertoire.  You can do the same thing to them.  Fair is fair.

There are alternatives, albeit futile ones, instead of just saying "it's too hard. I don't like it.  I wish it was gone."

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 08:49:33 PM »
That's too roundabout a fix.  The first cause is LVTs spawning out of thin air onto their target.  Fields not flashing from a fleet shelling them ought to be fixed but that's downstream from the CV vehicles spawning problem.   Multiple C47s aren't a real analog, they actually flew 5min+ to get there alive, unlike the teleported LVTs.  The LVTs may be defenseless, but the cost their team paid (ships sunk) is somehow void. What corresponding handicap is the other team given?  Say, when the port is flat and the next base has its hangars down as well.  The TG's all at the bottom of the sea, and yet in this condition where both the antagonists and the target/playing ground is leveled, one of the two antagonists is perfectly unaffected by their attrition.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 10:46:52 PM »
honestly i agree with those that say no ships no spawns and no dry spawns as well.

however i think the bast to fix the spawnig lvt and pt's after the ships have been sunk is to have the cv automatically respawn at it's respective port.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 12:41:37 AM »

A tactic I have seen lately for sneaking a base is to bring the cv group in close and blast everything with the big guns without launching any planes or vehicles until the last moment.  The problem seems to be an entire fleet "sneaking" up to a base.  I mean, a single NOE aircraft will get a base flashing because "a ground spotter" saw him fly by but no one sees an entire fleet?  No coast watchers?

wrongway

QFT, an entire sea armada can drive almost literally onto the land, and completely obliterate the entire town, and base with the big guns...without nobody knowing, but a lone jeep or NOE aircraft will sound the alarm... cmon

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 03:57:18 AM »
the clipboard status for CVs should work properly too - if the CVs down, show fighters, bombers etc as "unavailable"
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 07:03:59 AM »
If you really want no PT boats or LVT's to be able to spawn several things need to change. The first thing we need is a couple of support ships in the fleet. You really think an LVT ever came off an aircraft carrier?  So LST, transports, and other fleet support craft are vital.

Second they are NOT going to be able to cruise at 40mph, more like 10 - 12 knots. So your fleet is not going to be able to cruise at 40mph and still be able to launch. If the carrier runs away from the support ships they are going to be sitting ducks for any air asset's that find them. Which is only as it should be.

To really do it right you'd need 2 fleets, transports and  support ships with a couple of destroyers on anti sub patrol.
The other with the Carrier, cruiser and some destroyers.  Each with a variety of speed settings and a "stop".
And if you get the carrier too far from the support fleet you could easily lose the works. Causing  the support fleet to respawn. Thus no capture being possible.

The question is will we ever see it?

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 07:17:29 AM »
Theres an update coming in two weeks or so, maybe a few of the laundry list of complaints may be fixed..probably not this one.

All I really want is for zoom to remember where I set it in each plane I fly. I could care less where LVT's spawn compared.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 07:36:03 AM »
All I really want is for zoom to remember where I set it in each plane I fly.

yeah thats top of my list too
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 07:41:53 AM »
As far as troops landing feet dry ... the new update is a "terrain" update ... think about it.

The reason why they land feet dry at a port is ...

Have you ever noticed while flying to a port, if you are a certain distance from a port, and zoom in on the port you can actually see water where the "port" objects are supposed to be ?

Have you ever noticed that while attacking a port and you fire at the ack, bullets that miss the ack actually spray water ?

With that, I believe LVTs can only spawn on water, so if the game actually thinks that there is water where we see land, the LVTs can spawn there.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 08:02:58 AM »
Don't get me wrong, but I don't think the Carrier didn't carry the LVTs, or PTs, other ships did. Maybe if you completely destroy the task group, you can't do that (and no more puffy ack as well, since there's nothing shooting anyways)
The task groups dont have the ships that LVTs used, maybe add that and if you destroy it no lvts spawn :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »
I agree with this,I brought up this exact thing in the wishlist and as a few agreed with me the rest were attempting to justify it by saying "Its a game its supposed to be gamey" what a load. I say sink the 2 capital ships CV \ Cruiser and Lvt's are finished the horde monkeys will have to wait until the cv respawns to try again.