Author Topic: B-25H ammo bug  (Read 542 times)

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
B-25H ammo bug
« on: April 08, 2009, 11:34:09 PM »
I was just flyin around in the B-25H while taking down some buildings when i noticed a bug...i wasted ALL of my ammo on the 50 cal mg's but there was still 400 rounds left on the counter thing.So,my first thought was, maybe my guns got hit ,but no nothing was damaged and i still pulled the trigger with nothing coming out.Is this a first or is this a common problem? I checked...double checked even triple checked that all the ammo was gone including the cannon but 400 was still there.  :huh
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:37:05 PM by Rattler »
SAPP

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: B-25H
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 11:37:46 PM »
My first thought would be that some guns were damaged if you were hit by auto ack, but 400 rounds is alot of ammo for that.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
Re: B-25H ammo bug
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:41:24 PM »
nope like i said i checked for damages but nothing was hit at all not a bullet hole and the damage list was all green.
SAPP

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:06:18 AM »
Iv had this happen before and its because one of the guns was damaged. The B25H's nose guns each carry 400 rounds. If you look at the damage list it doesn't list each nose gun individually. The list goes "Left Nose Guns, Right Nose Guns, Left Blister Guns, Right Blister Guns" Because each of those parts consist of two guns only one being damaged would leave you with 400 rounds (if you haven't used the guns when it was damaged) and the list showing it still working. Its not an ammo bug its a damage list bug. Maybe they could fix it by showing the part in yellow when only one of the guns are damaged.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »
Don't know if it's related, but the C47 will sometimes refuse to drop its cargo, maybe because of damage. I have some film of it somewhere...
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »
If I remember right when you lose a whole wing the supplies or troops are "killed" but is still works with half a wing gone.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 10:56:12 PM »
It's a feature, not a bug?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 11:29:30 PM »
I don't know but its been around as far back as I can remember.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 01:08:36 AM »
If you ditch (gear up) you can't drop 'em -- they die on landing. If you're gear down and rollign around no matter how much other damage you have I htink they will jump out just fine. Maybe the game differentiates "stopped" and "has come to a stop through damage"?

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »
Landing with gear down you can still damage yourself enough for them not to drop...I landed in a city just fine and was coming to a stop.  I touched the maproom at a few mph and my plane completly fell apart except for the fuselage.  Couldnt drop the troops.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 08:19:59 PM »
Even have to land a C47 in a wooded area?  That tree took off your right wing didn't it?

No problem.. just ram the left wing into a tree.. and woot!  you can still fly, land AND drop troops... AND it makes you a smaller target?

No ailerons though... have to steer with rudder, but you can still fly...

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 09:56:15 PM »
Even have to land a C47 in a wooded area?  That tree took off your right wing didn't it?

No problem.. just ram the left wing into a tree.. and woot!  you can still fly, land AND drop troops... AND it makes you a smaller target?

No ailerons though... have to steer with rudder, but you can still fly...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,260748.0.html

scroll down a bit.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner