Author Topic: Oh how I hate the 190's  (Read 3504 times)

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
Re: Oh how I hate the 190's
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 06:58:49 AM »
Some say there are no dweeb planes only dweeb pilots.. I 1/2 agree.

I don't know how they trained them in Germany but here in game, the very first time you take one up you can only find one use for them.

These planes attract a certain type of sim pilot as well. Probably the best analogy would be that mean dog that snarls and growls at you as you pass by but as soon as you jump on his side of the fence he runs away scared and yapping.

They all have the same moves too.

A: Climb high, look for someone who's engauged, dive down and pick them. If you miss, climb back up and try it again.

B. If someone spots you and your higher than him, turn in for the HO. If you miss, extend away and find someone else to P off.

C: If interrupted while climbing, run for the deck and try to find a place you can climb in peace.

190 rules of engagement: Use every dirty trick you can to avoid a fight with another plane even if it's the same type. Climb high, Ho every passer by, dive to deck when ever trouble comes your way.

Always be on the look out for enemy fighters already engauged.
(If you get him don't forget to laugh on the way up and give yourself a good pat on the back)

When in trouble, dive for deck and don't look back. There are plenty of other people with less SA.
If in real trouble, use your roll rate to flop around the sky like a fish and hope he passes you by. If he does, bite him in the back and then continue running like mad.

190 pilots: Try not to forget your a man. Keep your fights as short as possible, your pants as dry as possible and your screaming to a minimum. Most of all, Never ever pass up a good Ho shot.

lol

some pointed correctly about, its not the 190, its also pony, typhoon, jug and others. So you have to complain all E fighter Pilots here, because you like to have them all as low turnfighters. furballing, nothing else. i call it mudcrawling  :lol

well, just as a hint, this game is called Aces High and not mudcrawlers low. think about a little and maybe you find out a secret behind it  ;)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 07:02:37 AM by dhyran »

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2009, 07:01:56 AM »

That would only be true if they would fight in their 190's instead of running away. I have ran into some 190s that will fight, but most will run b/c they are to afraid to lose their cartoon plane. I agree with tools about 95% will either ho then run when they miss or try to pick and run when they miss.

Same here, I very seldom ever run into a good 190 stick, "most" come in with massive altitude and look for the pick. And as soon as they lose there altitude advantage they start looking for the exit. So I would have to agree with tools and LC on this one, I just think that a lot of players think that this is the only way to fly the 190's. And really I don't blame them because I can't fly a 190 to save my life, well I can't hit nothing with the guns, I find it one of the worse gun platforms in the game IMO.
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009, 07:31:25 AM »
Nah I'm doing aobc down at fort knox.
Yea i overheard a knight saying you were deployed or something :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009, 08:30:01 AM »
Seems you've never found someone who is actually good in a 190. Most of those you will find only fly the A5.

+1

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2009, 08:36:17 AM »
After almost 22 months in game I have realized that most develop a certain style of flying after getting through that initial learning curve of the game.  A 190's strengths may just play to someone's preferred flying style.  I will fly a 190 on accasion, but it is just not my bag.

Have a great day,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »
Where's zazen?
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2009, 09:27:08 AM »
I feel the 190 is a very pointless ride, they are nothing but an annoyance to my Spitfire.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2009, 09:28:47 AM »
A8TOOL,
I'd be very interested to hear what planes you fly :)

If you are in a better turning fighter against those 190:s, why would they try to turn with u?
Who is "the one who HO:s"? The one who points his guns at the enemy first or last? If you say "last", then the pilots in worse turning planes are always in your mind HOers.

Please, go fly a 190 yourself and come back to report how it should be flown in a manly way

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline McDeath

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »
I hope to shoot you down soon because, well, sir you are a tool.

190 pilot  :)
flying as                     
Voudou  III/JG11 BOG
71Sqn./USMC
When we are done with you, you are going to wish your Daddy pulled out early!
"Then throw caution to the wind, buy a one way ticket to furball city and pop

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2009, 09:44:16 AM »
190s are usually no big deal to kill. The folks who fly them the way you describe are usually pretty easy to defeat.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 09:50:35 AM »
I feel the 190 is a very pointless ride, they are nothing but an annoyance to my Spitfire.
:rofl
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »
I've seen people fight in them....but the majority I see fly very timid...anything co-alt, even another 190, and they run like hell....most I see are manuvering to cherry pick planes that are already fighting, rather than looking to learn how to fight in one....I'm not saying you have to get low and slow against a hurri to fly it aggressive, but most are 180degrees from that...completely timid...cowardly...and a waste of time to even think about trying to get them to commit to a fight.  Usually I just let them attempt a pick a couple of times until they run low on E and just hit the deck and bug out...which is what I see from them 99% of the time.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Dano

• Zinc Member
      • Danosacm.com
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »
<-----Has got to get his old PC out and convert old AHI films into something viewable by the AH2 viewers.
There is nothing more satisfying than knife fighting in a phone booth with a FW (vs 1 or 5) and coming out on top listening to all the shock and awe  :D

<-----Really likes these kinds of posts too, cause it just goes to prove the FW still has the element of surprise.
<-----Also wishes he could be in the cockpits of the adversaries when after the 2nd or 3rd turn my FW has a guns solution on 'em  :D

<Falls, err steps down of his soap box>
<S> Dano
Few problems in life cannot be fixed without the precise placement of high explosives. --Ukn
ACM Tip: Keep the bad guy out front and squeeze the trigger when the little black dot is on them.
http://www.danosacm.com/

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »
Yeah I hate 190s...  I usually try to pick them first if possible.
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »
I find it one of the worse gun platforms in the game IMO.

:rofl

You have to aim entirely different in a 190 than in, say, an American 50 Cal bird, but once you learn how to do it you really can't miss.