Author Topic: Defensive help in the Fw 190 A5 and D9  (Read 635 times)

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
Defensive help in the Fw 190 A5 and D9
« on: April 21, 2009, 11:29:53 AM »
looking for defensive help in these rides, if anyone can help please PM me and we can set up a time. :salute
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Miyamoto Musashi (1584-1645)
Japanese Samurai & Philosopher

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
Re: Defensive help in the Fw 190 A5 and D9
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:44:13 AM »
Well I've unsubscribed from AH for the present time but i have alot of Fw190 Training Films if you would like them. E management and Defensive and offensive maneuvers as well as combat films for you to study.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:47:20 AM »
Email sent Cajunn.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »
Email sent Cajunn.  :salute

thank you got it
“The important thing [in tactics] is to suppress the enemy's useful actions but allow his useless actions. However, doing this alone is defensive.”

Offline chewiex

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 07:36:34 AM »
Cajunn, don't bogart the films dude. Mind passin some info around?  :D

SALUTE
A8Chewey
A8Chustr (Formerly A8Chewey, DasChewy) ..for a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor. Lamb of God, Omerta from "Ashes of the Wake".

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 08:03:52 AM »

SALUTE
A8Chewey

JAWHOL. Bombers are good fw190 food.  :devil

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 10:10:12 AM »
Fully utilize the roll rate for change in direction.

No other AC can follow it and you can force an overshoot.

Scissor.  Rolling or flat - makes no difference.

The catch is that you need speed to bleed.

If you are already low and slow, both the A5 and D9 climb very well.

Offline Cajunn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »

SALUTE
A8Chewey

Talon set up a web site to download from, you should be asking him but if its alright with him I would be happy to share.

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:27:45 PM »
Talon set up a web site to download from, you should be asking him but if its alright with him I would be happy to share.

Feel free to spread them around cajunn, the more people know how to properly fly a 190 he better the future fights will become.  :salute

And right on the money Mazz  :aok. No other A/C can follow a A5 once he begins rolling around like a maniac. Use it to your advantage, once you learn how to manipulate it's roll rate at will you will see your 190 abilities sky rocket.

:salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline trotter

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 11:30:29 PM »
I've found myself evading while looking solely in dead six view more in the 190 than in any other plane. Your defensive manuevers in the 190 will rely on your quick recognition of what the enemy will do, since almost any shot he tries to line up can be thwarted by virtue of your superior roll rate. 190 evasives are a little different than maybe what you are used to, since it's neither a "yank the stick and induce luftberry" or "drop flaps/kick rudder and force overshoot" type of plane. What you need to be doing is using your roll rate to offset flight path trajectories between you and your opponent.

For example, you're in a mid-high speed scissors with a bandit 400 yards back to your six and constant. You can see that he has been pulling his nose slightly ahead to get shots on your scissor breaks. To get that lead, he has to watch the roll of your wings and start rolling that direction as soon as you do. So try this: rather than predictable right/left/right breaking during scissors, why not start a sudden left break by rolling 270 degrees to the right. Your bandit will see your initial roll right, and can either
a) assume you are breaking right, pull some G's for a lead shot
b) follow your roll for it's completion
In case a, you are already breaking in the complete opposite direction by the time he realizes you're not actually under his nose, and in case b, you will complete your roll much faster and be on your new heading much quicker than the bandit can match.