Author Topic: Echoing microphone  (Read 526 times)

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Echoing microphone
« on: April 19, 2009, 09:01:55 PM »
My mic sounds garbled in AH. When using a teamspeak server, someone pointed out that it was echoing like I was in a concrete room. I think this 'echo' effect may be what is causing me to sound garbled.

What can I do?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:05:10 PM by Fianna »

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: Microphone
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »
I used to have really crappy vox problems...  I started experimenting with adjusting the in game sounds.  I discovered that if I turned my Engine sound down to about 30% or so, my vox got better...

Then I pulled an old Sound card that I had from a different computer into the machine and disabled the onboard sound that I had been using.

Much better now...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Echoing microphone
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 01:56:41 AM »
Try running dxdiag.exe and setting sound acceleration to 75%
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:55:37 AM »
Are you using the soundcard or a USB microphone?

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 07:22:47 AM »
In windows, turn off the mic in the sound mixer, so you don't hear yourself when you speak. Especially if you are not using a headset.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
Turn you "Effects Settings" in the game under voice all they way to the left. That should help.
Strokes

Offline jazzman1315

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 06:50:29 AM »
If your mike button is activating the AH vox and the teamspeak vox together, the delay to the two separate servers will give you a substantial echo. Try changing the AH vox to an unused button.

Offline FentFV

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
I had the same issue, and it turned out to be motherboard sound.  This is usually the culprit with this particular issue.  Even very good mobos have very bad sound.  If that's what you're using, I'd recommend getting a hold of a cheapie Creative Labs Audigy SE card and disabling mobo sound.  Also, do not "boost" the sound (if there is such a checkbox in your sound properties).