Author Topic: Goin to Afghanistan  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Goin to Afghanistan
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 12:22:00 PM »
In each of his 12 years service he covers 1% of the Earths countries, I'm impressed.

:rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2009, 12:28:54 PM »
 :salute Brad and be safe we shall keep the light on for ya.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »
To be honest 12% isn't too much really, that's only around 24 countries. So he only needs to visit 2 countries a year, my response was more an offhanded remark. Personally I visited a lot more with sometimes more than 2 countries a month and I'm sure some guys here have done more. I finished up with a total of 22% visited mainly from the backend of a C-130.
No matter about any of this though, Brad just wanted to let his friends know that he was going to be gone and I'm sure most, if not all of us, wish him well and hope for a safe return.

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »
be safe Brad. :salute
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »
I'm sure most, if not all of us, wish him well and hope for a safe return.

Rite on!  :aok

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »
It's pointless to discuss this with anyone here. I think that there is a disconnect in the communication. I have never and will never wish the this guy anything other than a safe trip and a speedy homecoming.

I find it kind of strange that the majority think I am putting this guy on trial. It's his own comments that are the reason for the continuation of this thread. It's as if you all read his first post and then nothing else he has stated.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2009, 12:52:27 PM »
What a bunch of hooey being posted here, the information brad posted is  all over the news here locally, I am only 15 miles from where brad lives and it is always broadcast the times of the guards deployment.The news is always there to see them off and welcome them home, What is the difference.
When I went to Vietnam everyone one knew of our coming and going.

<S> Brad from a neighbour.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »
What a bunch of hooey being posted here, the information brad posted is  all over the news here locally, I am only 15 miles from where brad lives and it is always broadcast the times of the guards deployment.The news is always there to see them off and welcome them home, What is the difference.
When I went to Vietnam everyone one knew of our coming and going.

<S> Brad from a neighbour.

rv.   Thanks for serving and being "In Country".   If I'm ever out there again, all rounds are on me.      :salute   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Now now, soembody needs a hug!  :)

On a serious note, Take care Brad. See you when you return sir, best of luck.  :salute

I plan on enlisting in the Army in 2010. Just recently graduated from my Military Academy at Ft. Gordon but i can relate sir.  Thanks for protecting this country sir, you have my utmost respect.  :salute

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »

Same around this area RV, our local Guard just returned and prior to them leaving it was on TV and in newspapers for months beforehand about deployment dates and scheduled return.

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2009, 01:02:07 PM »
rv.   Thanks for serving and being "In Country".   If I'm ever out there again, all rounds are on me.      :salute   

And I well hold you to that  Mashebrum :-) <S>
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline brad13

• Copper Member
      • Hovercontrol
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2009, 01:04:20 PM »
wow. Huge thanks to all you guts for backing me! I really appreciate it. I just got one thing to say to ciaphas and that's BRAVO! You've made your self look like a complete love muffin. I'm not in the wrong at all for posted the deployment date. Your just a troll looking for someone to cyber bully but you got called out on it. All I wanted to do was notify my fellow AHers I wasn't going to be here for them to shhot me down. :-) Again thank you to those of you who supported me! It shows your guys respect and care. Thanks again all.! <<S>>
"The English had hit upon a splendid joke. They intended to catch me or to bring me down."-Manfred Von Richthofen

Check out: Hovercontrol.com

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2009, 01:09:37 PM »
It's pointless to discuss this with anyone here. I think that there is a disconnect in the communication. I have never and will never wish the this guy anything other than a safe trip and a speedy homecoming.

I find it kind of strange that the majority think I am putting this guy on trial. It's his own comments that are the reason for the continuation of this thread. It's as if you all read his first post and then nothing else he has stated.

So all the comments you aimed at him and the Guard in general really meant "I wish you well". Here are a few of you comments chering him and the guard on:

Nice OPSEC. You should know better than to post this. You must be a guard guy.

** Yeah, the only military in Salem, Oregon is the Army National Guard. **

Figures.

Figures it would come from a weekend warrior.

These reflect well on your attitude towards Guard members who also serve this country.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2009, 01:38:44 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:27:11 PM by Skuzzy »
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline zoozoo

• Silver Member
      • http://myspace.com/zachisbackforasnack