Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 26448 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #660 on: May 03, 2009, 01:47:29 AM »
Wow...  Apparently you are perfectly comfortable providing "supreme" definitions...  I guess I should just give up any arguement, seeing how you are absolutely incapable of even the slightest consideration that your are wrong.

I guess we just need to establish the MooT rule set, then we can proceed from there, eh?

Whatever...
:lol  reread the above post and substitute PFactorDave for moot.  And add some letter case variations to PFactorDave to appeal to ridicule (hopefully!).

BnZ -  I would agree but... What other reason is there for those guys that run and fly so timidly?
FURTHER EDIT: Are you guys really THAT pissed off when someone bugs out? Because, let me tell you, when someone does it to me I generally know why they were going to do it...I was about to shoot large chunks away from their airplane. Doesn't make me mad enough to throw my headset across the room or anything.
Is that how you picture it?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #661 on: May 03, 2009, 02:08:27 AM »

FURTHER EDIT: Are you guys really THAT pissed off when someone bugs out? Because, let me tell you, when someone does it to me I generally know why they were going to do it...I was about to shoot large chunks away from their airplane. Doesn't make me mad enough to throw my headset across the room or anything.

People should fly smart and try to stay alive.  What bothers me is people picking the softest fight on the map with the most stacked odds to minimize risk.  That's how hordes get bigger, fights collapse, and game play goes down the john.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #662 on: May 03, 2009, 08:53:38 AM »
People should fly smart and try to stay alive.  What bothers me is people picking the softest fight on the map with the most stacked odds to minimize risk.  That's how hordes get bigger, fights collapse, and game play goes down the john.

Yeah, that is a point. Finding a fight with the proper Red/Green ratio so that you're neither a gang-tard nor a human sacrifice can be difficult sometimes.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #663 on: May 03, 2009, 10:17:02 AM »
I can understand flying with the attitude of our cartoon life meaning something. I think we all do to some extent, but there is a fine line there. Value the life too much and your always looking for better odds before engaging in a fight, value it too little and your running around with your hair on fire to get more kills before you die to keep your k/d above boards.

I fly for the fight. If while working on 2 bad guys a third and forth show up, I have no trouble diving into the ack, or extending to drag out the fight to get the numbers better. What I do have trouble with is those that will dive out because they know your about to "remove large chunks from their planes", but turn back after you have turned your attention to his two buddies who have stayed in the fight.

This game is suppose to be about fighting, not running away from one, not hiding from one, not avoiding one by use of over whelming numbers, nor throwing your cartoon life away with arcade type flying, but just plain old fighting.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #664 on: May 03, 2009, 11:20:36 AM »
BnZ -  I would agree but... What other reason is there for those guys that run and fly so timidly?Is that how you picture it?

When I run, it is not from "fear" of (yet another) cartoon death. I mean, getting out on the interstate is a far more frightening than getting shot down in AHII. ;) It is more along the lines of "not want to give the b@stard the satisfaction". Or sometimes a simple desire to land the kills and grab a coke.

When someone runs from me, I figure it was my fault for not killing them sooner. Also, if they *can* run from me, because my plane is slower, that will usually means my plane has a decided maneuverability advantage. So way I see it, it is as much my job to trick a faster plane into what amounts to an unfair fight and kill him before he runs as it is his job to find away to overcome my plane's advantage in a dogfight.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #665 on: May 03, 2009, 12:04:30 PM »
Agreed.  But...  Why ridicule those who want to try and relive what it is was like not to have endless lives? 

If you've got the time to fly that way, then it's your dime in the end.  I personally don't have that many hours a month I can put into AH.  Family, work, home etc are far above it on the list of priorities.

So when I do get a chance to take the 38G of my doom out, I want to test it against other cartoon pilots.  There is really nothing in the MA that fits the need for one life flying.  Scenarios, FSOs, Snapshots, yes.  One life means something then and in those cases I'll fly that way.  But to me the thrill of the game is trying to used my cartoon 38G to tangle with some of those later war birds and fight em to the death, whether it be mine or thiers.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #666 on: May 03, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
What I do have trouble with is those that will dive out because they know your about to "remove large chunks from their planes", but turn back after you have turned your attention to his two buddies who have stayed in the fight.

This game is suppose to be about fighting, not running away from one, not hiding from one, not avoiding one by use of over whelming numbers, nor throwing your cartoon life away with arcade type flying, but just plain old fighting.

Not picking on you but I do question any validity of what is written above...

So....what yer saying is......the guy is gonna hack "large chucks from yer plane" so you should do nothing to prevent that?

Die cause you can? How about not die'n cause you can? Think about it. It is a game after all.

Ren

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #667 on: May 03, 2009, 01:06:58 PM »
It is more along the lines of "not want to give the b@stard the satisfaction".

This is my motivation. I don't want to give some hordeling, who is afraid to leave the herd, a kill.  I love it when a hordeling taunts me because I'm running.... as if I can't see the 4 or 12 guys behind him. Smack talking hordelings are in my top ten amusing things in AH.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #668 on: May 03, 2009, 01:25:44 PM »
Denying the kill/satisfaction  -  I don't buy it... It doesn't fit with the particular instances of running I'm thinking of.

So....what yer saying is......the guy is gonna hack "large chucks from yer plane" so you should do nothing to prevent that?

Die cause you can? How about not die'n cause you can? Think about it. It is a game after all.
It's not that black and white.  Look at it this way... "How about not die'n by successfully fighting instead of dodging the fight?"
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #669 on: May 03, 2009, 01:43:45 PM »

This is my motivation. I don't want to give some hordeling, who is afraid to leave the herd, a kill.  I love it when a hordeling taunts me because I'm running.... as if I can't see the 4 or 12 guys behind him. Smack talking hordelings are in my top ten amusing things in AH.

:lol :lol It's easy to talk smack when you're backed up.

I will go in on several cons if I have a back up plan or an escape route. What I prefer the most is a solid wingman.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #670 on: May 03, 2009, 01:48:57 PM »
You're all so full of piss and wind.  :aok

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #671 on: May 03, 2009, 02:19:19 PM »
You're a fool pitching your crackpot new age nonsense to anyone, anywhere, no matter how irrelevant. Which is just about everytime.
piss and wind - 1 definition - All speech and no action
Pretty much everyone involved in this thread, on both sides, plays what they preach nearly to a tee.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #672 on: May 03, 2009, 03:10:06 PM »

Ren

Like I said on the part of the post that you neglected to quote, I said it was a fine line. To me I'm in it for the fight, you maybe are more in it for one life to live, to retreat to fight another day.

Sure I try to RTB, whether I have kills or not, but if I'm in a fight, I'm in it to win, and more often than not that ends with a quick trip to the tower. You may be happy to turn tail and run to save your "life", and thats ok. You may lean a bit more to one side of the "line" than I do. The point is, if the guy has decide to quit the fight, then quit it. If your NOT quitting the fight, why run... so you can reset your advantage that the other player has worked out of you due to "wining the fight"?

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #673 on: May 03, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »
After 45 pages, has anyone decided to change the way you enjoy the game?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:17:40 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #674 on: May 03, 2009, 06:11:37 PM »
I have.  "Way they enjoy the game" is crummy wording, but yeah.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you