Author Topic: Defining bad game-play  (Read 26494 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Re: Defining bad game-play
« Reply #690 on: May 05, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »
Do you you expect me to Talk?! No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #691 on: May 05, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Pee51 ran from a co-E, 1v1 engagement and I had to chase him for three sectors and through the AAA of two airfields and one vehicle base.

That count as "bad gameplay?"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #692 on: May 05, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »
Pee51 ran from a co-E, 1v1 engagement and I had to chase him for three sectors and through the AAA of two airfields and one vehicle base.

Nope.  That's called running scared!  Silly pony. :lol
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #693 on: May 05, 2009, 03:21:01 PM »

First, what were you flying? 'Cause if you were flying a 109G variant, he had reason to run. If you were flying a 190 version, he didn't have reason run...that he knows of.  :devil And if you were in a D9, he wouldn't have had the *ability* to run.

Second, there is no such thing as certainty that an engagement will *stay* 1v1 in the MA. Usually it does not. That colors one's choice to engage or not.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #694 on: May 05, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »

Nope. Chasing a player that far across a map and through that much AAA does seem just a tad silly, but I wouldn't call it "bad gameplay". My bet is that the P51 you were chasing was having a ball dragging you around on a leash  :devil

asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #695 on: May 05, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »
Was it yellow?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #696 on: May 05, 2009, 06:08:44 PM »
Oh, the funny thing is that im color blind so most of the planes look really wierd against the water. And when someone asks me if im the "Redtailed P51" ill say its green.
Strokes

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #697 on: May 05, 2009, 06:10:45 PM »
Second, there is no such thing as certainty that an engagement will *stay* 1v1 in the MA. Usually it does not. That colors one's choice to engage or not.

No cons for miles.  Literally all alone.  I should clarify, though.  We never actually "engaged."  He saw me, turned around and ran.

My bet is that the P51 you were chasing was having a ball dragging you around on a leash  :devil

Nah, if so, he would have responded to my 200 taunting.

Should it have been the case, however, Ill count myself lucky that Im not so easily amused.  I log in to mix it up.  Not sure about his motivation.

Wish I would have kept the film; riot.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 05, 2009, 06:11:40 PM »
My bet is that the P51 you were chasing was having a ball dragging you around on a leash  :devil

I plead guilty.
I do that sometimes to La-7's when flying a Tempest. I fly at 7.5k, where I can fly faster at MIL than they can do at WEP, then I just keep 'em at D1000... and drag 'em deeper and deeper into my country's territory, looking back over my shoulder with a big smile on my face. More sooner than later they run out of fuel and I tune to CH200...

:devil
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:15:30 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #699 on: May 05, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
Strokes

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #700 on: May 05, 2009, 06:17:45 PM »
Sounds like a great use of time.   :aok

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #701 on: May 05, 2009, 06:28:02 PM »

I plead guilty.
I do that sometimes to La-7's when flying a Tempest. I fly at 7.5k, where I can fly faster at MIL than they can do at WEP, then I just keep 'em at D1000... and drag 'em deeper and deeper into my country's territory, looking back over my shoulder with a big smile on my face. More sooner than later they run out of fuel and I tune to CH200...

utterly lame.....not that I'm amazed....coming from you.  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #702 on: May 05, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »

More sooner than later they run out of fuel and I tune to CH200...

:rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #703 on: May 05, 2009, 09:43:39 PM »
I guess your one of those bitter old guys that just rolls over and settles for whats there. Why should we have to "settle" for poor game play? Why not try to educate the masses that there is a better way? We all know what happened the last time HTC "fixed" the slums the arena was becoming, what will his next fix be?
Bitter? Please get yer head outa yer 6. Why would I be bitter? I enjoy every single flight. Maybe that's where we differ.
If yer not liken what yer doing then what are you even doing here?

The most lame thing that could happen in this game is for someone to say how lame everyone is. :lol

Glad I don't do it. :)

Ren

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #704 on: May 05, 2009, 09:55:29 PM »
You missed the point. A dogfight happens to have an objective. Otherwise why be there? If you are loosing the fight then you find a way to reset the fight. If that means you extend to gain an advantage from a disadvantage then that is part of a dogfight. To sit there and say, "well he got on my 6 so I'll just go level and die because both I and he deserve what's about to happen" is pure BS (spelled bolshevik). If I extend and retake the initiative and shoot him done then guess what...He died. I didn't. That is a dogfight.

:aok