Author Topic: JU-88 problems  (Read 446 times)

Offline skillkill

• Zinc Member
JU-88 problems
« on: April 12, 2009, 10:50:07 AM »
how come when i am in a JU-88 in formation when i try to dive bomb my wingmen ditch me  :cry :cry :cry

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: JU-88 problems
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:22:48 PM »
This happens with all bombers. Right after you take off you have to climb up so you "Catch" your drones. If you turn to hard or do hard manuvers you will also lose your dones, ex: diving hard then pulling up.
Strokes

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
how come when i am in a JU-88 in formation when i try to dive bomb my wingmen ditch me  :cry :cry :cry

how are you entering the dive? if you're rolling over into it, or just pushing forward, you're probably turnign too sharply. they'll always ditch ya then. if you overspeed, they'll drop back considerably. i used to use them in ew to divebomb gv's in support of my squad at the time. it takes practice.

you wanna see something funny? while you're in the dive.......throttles to idle, and deploy your dive flaps. the drones will go out front.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:37:12 PM »
want to dive bomb? Don't take drones.

Drones are for level bombing only. Even if they don't "pop" in a dive, when YOU drop, they drop, and their bombs will miss by miles. Much better to just take 1 plane and KNOW it'll hit.

Offline skillkill

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 08:07:32 AM »
When dive bombing a GV for instance, I like to climb to atleast 3.5 to 5k above the target.  Then I throttle all or almost all the way back, I never release my egg until about 1,200 feet.  If you hold your nose for a second before pulling out you rarely ever miss. 

Most bombers drones are actually pretty hard to lose unless your fly around full throttle like a Maniac lol. :P

Offline MjTalon

• Gold Member
      • 82nd FG Home
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 08:18:11 AM »
When dive bombing a GV for instance, I like to climb to atleast 3.5 to 5k above the target.  Then I throttle all or almost all the way back, I never release my egg until about 1,200 feet.  If you hold your nose for a second before pulling out you rarely ever miss. 

Most bombers drones are actually pretty hard to lose unless your fly around full throttle like a Maniac lol. :P

We don't mean taking lancs with 14 1000LB'ers and carpet bombing gv's now.

S.A.P.P.
Cavalier - 82nd F.G
Group Commanding Officer