Author Topic: m4a3 sherman and some others  (Read 8156 times)

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
m4a3 sherman and some others
« on: April 16, 2009, 01:34:26 AM »
it seems like a good tank

85 mm armour
76 mm cannon or 105 mm howitzer(optional)
speed 40 km/h
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:47:29 AM by dirt911 »

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
Re: m4a3 sherman
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:46:43 AM »
also

kv-8
76 mm cannon
90 mm armour 35 km/h

tiger 2
88 mm cannon
180 mm armour
38 km/h

IS-2
122 mm cannon
160 mm armour
42km/h

Panther G
75 mm long gun
110 mm armour
46 km/h

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: m4a3 sherman and some others
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:25:42 AM »
B-52H
Eight Pratt & Whitney engines TF33-P-3/103 turbofan engines
# The B-52 can carry 27 internal weapons. Authoritative sources diverge as to maximum munition loads, with some suggesting as many as 51 smaller munitions and 30 larger munitions, while others suggest maximum loads of 45 and 24, respectively. The Heavy Stores Adaptor Beam [HSAB] external pylon can carry only 9 weapons which limits the total carry to 45 (18 external).
# The AGM-28 pylon could carry lighter weapons like the MK-82 and can carry 12 weapons on each pylon, for a total of 24 external weapons, for a the total of 51. However, the AGM-28 pylon is no longer used, so the B-52 currently carries on HSABs, limiting the external load to 18 bombs, or a total of 45 bombs.

See? I can name random equipment too.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:40:06 AM »
B-52H
Eight Pratt & Whitney engines TF33-P-3/103 turbofan engines
# The B-52 can carry 27 internal weapons. Authoritative sources diverge as to maximum munition loads, with some suggesting as many as 51 smaller munitions and 30 larger munitions, while others suggest maximum loads of 45 and 24, respectively. The Heavy Stores Adaptor Beam [HSAB] external pylon can carry only 9 weapons which limits the total carry to 45 (18 external).
# The AGM-28 pylon could carry lighter weapons like the MK-82 and can carry 12 weapons on each pylon, for a total of 24 external weapons, for a the total of 51. However, the AGM-28 pylon is no longer used, so the B-52 currently carries on HSABs, limiting the external load to 18 bombs, or a total of 45 bombs.

See? I can name random equipment too.

Add the B-52!!1!!!!1!

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:29:21 AM »
hey come on people have been wanting more tanks in the game for years atleast help

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:47:57 AM »
hey come on people have been wanting more tanks in the game for years atleast help

Then heres an idea: Put words like "It would be nice if we could get this, because...", and THEN put it in the RIGHT BLOODY FORUM!!! I'm getting REALLY tired of seeing posts where people just name a vehicle and post its stats, and leave it at that, no explanation as to why the **** they posted to begin with.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »
Then heres an idea: Put words like "It would be nice if we could get this, because...", and THEN put it in the RIGHT BLOODY FORUM!!! I'm getting REALLY tired of seeing posts where people just name a vehicle and post its stats, and leave it at that, no explanation as to why the **** they posted to begin with.

Now don't be so negative my minion.   :D

What Serenity is getting at is; follow this example:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,262675.msg3265407.html#msg3265407.

Ignore what the thread becomes.  But, The Crossed Fox gives the best example of why anyone should care about what you want them to have some interest in.  He shows a genuine interest and makes it so others will want to be interested too.

Don't care what others think?  Then it's just a list.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 12:37:35 AM »
Now don't be so negative my minion.   :D

What Serenity is getting at is; follow this example:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,262675.msg3265407.html#msg3265407.

Ignore what the thread becomes.  But, The Crossed Fox gives the best example of why anyone should care about what you want them to have some interest in.  He shows a genuine interest and makes it so others will want to be interested too.

Don't care what others think?  Then it's just a list.

wrongway

Holy crap that's one of the best wishes I have ever seen! I hope the kid gets it!

Offline BigPlay

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »

This topic has been talked about ,pontificated upon and ground into the ground so many times that scuzzy on more then 1 occasion has shut down the thread, mostly because of me.

The Sherman tank especially the 75mm armed version doesn't stand a chance in tank vs tank duels. Even the 76mm armed version won't be a world beater.  Most guys who actually do a fair bit of gving would rather see something on the lines of a Panther. The Panther would or should be available in mw and lw just like the tiger, from a mw perspective it would give the gver something else to up instead of the Tiger that has the ability to kill tanks at range plus make the average gv battle a little more interesting. Should the Sherman be added????? I think so but down the road a bit. Turretless tanks have also been talked about with mixed opinions. I do think that they should be added. So what if there is no rotating turret, I'm sure that in no time at all there would be some very capable tank destroyers born that would give the turreted tanks a run for their money. It's all about learning the machine just like all the other planes and tanks in the game. The super uber tanks I think do not have a place in the game for some time. There are too many other tanks that would make battles a little more competitive.

I can just see it if the King Tiger was added. Some guy would up one at 3am in TT spend 2 hours climbing the hills getting into position over the spawn  and then picking off every other tank that spawns in. Doesn't sound like fun at all.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 05:40:14 PM »
I agree wholly and completely with BigPlay, the Tiger I has already made armored advanced difficult to blunt, just imagine what it would be like with the Tiger II aka King Tiger :t. Someone would spend the 2-3 hrs to climb all the hills just to flame some tanks until a lank comes and bombs the crap out of the SOB :cool:, it will completely throw off the ground combat aspect of this game As a group of even 2 or 3 will steam roller the defenses and roll over the base. it is like in the Israeli six day war, where two Challenger I (I think, but the Israel had bought 2 British tanks) destroyed an entire armored division or T64's, no mean feat as a full strength armored division totals 60 tanks, and not a single Challenger tank was lost, thank you western enginering :aok!!!  :salute BigPlay
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline Baggy

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »
I agree wholly and completely with BigPlay, the Tiger I has already made armored advanced difficult to blunt, just imagine what it would be like with the Tiger II aka King Tiger . Someone would spend the 2-3 hrs to climb all the hills just to flame some tanks until a lank comes and bombs the crap out of the SOB , it will completely throw off the ground combat aspect of this game As a group of even 2 or 3 will steam roller the defenses and roll over the base. it is like in the Israeli six day war, where two Challenger I (I think, but the Israel had bought 2 British tanks) destroyed an entire armored division or T64's, no mean feat as a full strength armored division totals 60 tanks, and not a single Challenger tank was lost, thank you western enginering !!!   BigPlay

Those British tanks were probably Centurions, first came into service in May 1945, just too late to see action. They were still in service in some countries in the 90s.

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 05:21:49 PM »
Thank you baggy, it was the centurion!!! AWwrgwy and serenity, you guys crazy, you skiped like four bombers, I think the B52 is still in service today unless I'm thinking of a different bomber. That would be like me saying to add the F22, or the A10 :rofl!!! No offence :salute
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline FYB

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 05:48:16 PM »
Thank you baggy, it was the centurion!!! AWwrgwy and serenity, you guys crazy, you skiped like four bombers, I think the B52 is still in service today unless I'm thinking of a different bomber. That would be like me saying to add the F22, or the A10 :rofl!!! No offence :salute
Haha, yeah, no...

B52 is still in service and will remain to do so. With a 70,000lbs bomb load, its hard to say kick it cause its old; be like throughing a 70 year old who is protecting you with a 12 gauge shotgun, right out the window.

-FYB
Most skill based sport? -
The sport of understanding women.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »
Haha, yeah, no...

B52 is still in service and will remain to do so. With a 70,000lbs bomb load, its hard to say kick it cause its old; be like throughing a 70 year old who is protecting you with a 12 gauge shotgun, right out the window.

-FYB

It has a NOOK!!1!!!1!

No offence taken.

ADD TEH A-10!!!1!

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"