Author Topic: Hi there. We need a new Focke Wulf. How about the A9?  (Read 1372 times)

Offline tat2Yoda

• Zinc Member
Re: Hi there. We need a new Focke Wulf. How about the A9?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2009, 11:30:31 AM »
Yes the A9 ; they upgraded it with better armor around the nose to protect the motor.
May the Force be with you.....always.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 07:28:02 AM »
Currently the German plane set has 15 variants of 61 total, just fighters, no bombers tallied.

US has the largest set at 20 of 61.

Japanese and Russian each have 4 of 61.

So to break it down, US fighters account for 1/3 of the planeset.
German fighters account for 1/4 of the planeset.
RAF at 13 is just under 1/4 of fighters available.

Russian and Japanese have 1/15th each.

And you want another German plane? I think the Russian, Japanese, and Italian sets need it much much worse.
And I'd love to see more emphasis on early and midwar planes.

Not that it wouldn't be used, or enjoyed, just that I think we need to look at where the biggest gaps are in the planeset.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 09:57:11 AM »
At this point I'm pretty sure everyone would do with any half dozen planes HTC picks for next patch :)
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 12:25:36 PM »
Currently the German plane set has 15 variants of 61 total, just fighters, no bombers tallied.

And you want another German plane? I think the Russian, Japanese, and Italian sets need it much much worse.

Not that it wouldn't be used, or enjoyed, just that I think we need to look at where the biggest gaps are in the planeset.

While I don't think we'll be seeing A-9 any time soon you really can't compare a plane which basically has the art and most of the flight model done to a work load it takes to do a completely new fighter from scratch. But, yes hopefully we'll be seeing Japanese, Russian and Italian aircraft during the next year or so. :)
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 12:38:18 PM »
Yes, the Germans have multiple variations upon the theme of 109 and 190, as well as the perked jet and the perked pocket-rocket. Unfortunately, these variations do not include a 190A anyone but a masochist willingly flies in the LW MA. :devil

The Russians have 4 fighters yes, but 3 of those are among the most competitive fighters in the LW MA, period. The same is clearly true for the Japanese N1K and Ki-84. The Zero is not a performer by LW standards but you can't call the best turning fighter in the game non-competitive either.

Early and Midwar planes you say? Well, I'd almost rather see a fix for the 12mph too slow 190-A and/or give us a 190 A-6 than have an A-9 for my part.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 04:50:02 PM »
Given that an A9 wouldn't be a big deal in terms of development time/effort (correct me if I'm wrong), I don't see why it couldn't be all three instead of having to pick one over the rest - fixed A5/8, and A6 and A9 added.   Unless there's some expensive time cost for any new or slightly different old plane to be run thru their virtual wind tunnel to compile the FM from.. But the A4, A6, A7 and A9 don't seem like really big projects on their own. Admittedly I have no idea how many of these add up to the same workload as one brand new plane.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you