Author Topic: CV spawn  (Read 518 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
CV spawn
« on: April 19, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »
Everything else has a spawn, why not a spawn for CVs?

As it is it takes forever sometimes to get them into play. And once you do some comic book hero is doing a banzai into it in his Lancs, "normally right when a fight gets good". Im not saying let the spawns be right on top of enemy bases. Make the CVs still have to transit some.

But why not give two launch options for them? When they are in the middle of nowheres, taking hours to transit, they arent helping gameplay at all.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
Re: CV spawn
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 09:02:24 PM »
I like the idea but would the spawns be automatic? If not who would control the spawn.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:57:27 PM »
sounds good, especially for thous large maps.

If not who would control the spawn.
I assume the guy who is controlling it at the moment will chose where to spawn the CV, if no one is controlling it then the CV will just spawn in front of the port.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 11:34:02 PM »
sounds good, especially for thous large maps.

I assume the guy who is controlling it at the moment will chose where to spawn the CV, if no one is controlling it then the CV will just spawn in front of the port.

I sorta like the idea! 

I hope your not saying that the guy that just got it killed putting it in a bad situation should control where it spawns. 
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 12:35:39 AM »
Yeah.  It wouldn't take all that time to hide a cv waaay in the back corner of the map any more.

:D

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 12:45:51 PM »
I sorta like the idea! 

I hope your not saying that the guy that just got it killed putting it in a bad situation should control where it spawns. 

Whomever should want to spawn it can take the controls. Base it on score, as with control, even tho this is imperfect and CV control should be based on time in game instead. Most of these spawn outs will be a no-brainer because anybody can see a closer CV spawn is better. Control by score is imperfect but its better then nothing.

Thing is as it stands a CV could, conceivably, take 6,7,8 hours to get to a decent attack position. And then they get slaughtered wholesale anyway. So why not get them back and involved faster? By the same token you can get them away from naval bases where some players like to buzz bombers to kill them just for the perk points.

It would spawn to a set point on the map. Not to where a player wants. Just like a GV spawn.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

It would spawn to a set point on the map. Not to where a player wants. Just like a GV spawn.

I do like the spawn them into action quicker idea, but talk about taking spawn camping to a whole nutha level.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 05:04:42 PM »
Give 3 spawn choices but that are invinsible to the one that controls the CV.  One choice is to spawn at base.  There would be no spawn camping because of random selection.  IMO
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »
Give 3 spawn choices but that are invinsible to the one that controls the CV.  One choice is to spawn at base.  There would be no spawn camping because of random selection.  IMO

yep, and never even give the other countries the ability of seeing the spawn locations. However they may already know, if the port previously belonged to them.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 10:40:07 PM »
I do like the spawn them into action quicker idea, but talk about taking spawn camping to a whole nutha level.

They are camped alread. CV goes down and time your B-26 flight to the enemy port, thats the reality today.

At least with different spawn points it would make it harder to camp. And you still have the option of spawning out of the port. But now you would have 3 or 4 spawn points the enemy would have to camp.

Only thing you have to worry about are the ones that have that 6'th sense and always know where the CVs are. :huh But thats no different then now.